GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogs

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Can confirm. Here's my dog (back) and his brother (front). We decided to save the $100 and skip the DNA test for our dog since all his siblings got them and shared with us. Here's his brother's View attachment 297668View attachment 297669
the pup in the foreground literrally looks exactly like my dudley lab in the face.....like spot on

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I got my DNA test results back for my crazy dog. There's lots of shepherd and bully in her. The malinois in her is pretty obvious with her energy levels and love for training. She doesn't have the long thick coat that most malinois have though. She ended up with a pitbull coat and pitbull ears.

1707599018959.png

1707598923299.png
1707598951165.png

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
She’s got a great smile! Something about asymmetric ears is so endearing
I've literally always wanted one of those dogs that has one ear up permanently....love that look

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I found a lady in my area that had a couple treadmills so I got to try them out before ordering one. She didn't go much faster than about 4 mph, but for the first time she did pretty good. I've heard it usually takes about 5 sessions before dogs get comfortable enough to run, and most of them don't go for a full 30 minute session on the first run, but she could've gone well past the 30 minute timer.
1708827393417.png

I did some 3.5-4 mile runs with her this week. When we get back she wants to keep playing with a ball or rope. Dogs got fricken energy for days.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
That's actually terrific for her first time.
The wait for the treadmill kinda sucks. They said it wasn't going to ship until the end of this month and it's coming from Bulgaria. I almost thought about cancelling it. Partly because I got the yard fenced in now, so that's been a big help at burning up some of that energy. I think it'll be a good thing to have though.

I think her being only 32% malinois is kinda my saving grace. I've been doing some research on the breed and the more full bred Mals are probably twice as crazy as she is, but she's at least twice as crazy as a normal dog.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
The wait for the treadmill kinda sucks. They said it wasn't going to ship until the end of this month and it's coming from Bulgaria. I almost thought about cancelling it. Partly because I got the yard fenced in now, so that's been a big help at burning up some of that energy. I think it'll be a good thing to have though.

I think her being only 32% malinois is kinda my saving grace. I've been doing some research on the breed and the more full bred Mals are probably twice as crazy as she is, but she's at least twice as crazy as a normal dog.
Keep at it - I had a carpet mill for my old StaffyBull - they are more geared for resistance than cardio. I think for your dog the slat mill is a good call.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Tried to my dog into the pool this weekend since it was warm enough. That didn't exactly work out. I was able to get her to stand on the 2nd step without freaking out, so she did better than any other dog I've tried to get into the pool.

At one point I threw a ball into the middle of the pool and then I jumped in to get it. I wish I could've seen what my dog did. I surfaced and turned around and she was in the pool with me trying to climb out. I dunno if she actually jumped in with me or if she just let her excitement get the better of her and she fell in.

I want to see if I can get her to be comfortable in the pool so we're gonna try that a few more times.

I also ordered a little doggie pool. It's like 63" wide and 12" tall, just a cheap fold up thing. I think she'll like that a lot more.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Remi and Roxy - both rescues from a local shelter. Got Remi (right in this first pic) first, and then Roxy (left) about 2 months later.

1710213859817.png

1710214028058.png

Have put them through a bunch of obedience classes in the last year. Basic/Intermediate/Advanced1+2/Currently in Outdoors training. This pic is just the best of them because of Remi looking proud AF. 🤣