GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does 6MT GTI need a Shift Gate?

mike1947

Old Man
This is not a cosmetic issue; I think it is a technical issue related to the drivetrain. It seems to me that the GTI (6mt) could benefit from having a Shift Gate like one of the attached photos. I sent DieselGeek a message about this idea a little while back suggesting they manufacture it, and they said they would check it out. What do you think?

Attachments

• SHIFT GATE.jpg
    SHIFT GATE.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 2,043
  • AUDI R8 SHIFT GATE.jpg
    AUDI R8 SHIFT GATE.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 6,468
Last edited:

07Noside

Banned
with an SS kit why bother? IDK maybe for some as the 2nd to 3rd throw on an SS in our cars is a little trouble some but a little practice and its not a problem.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
that would be pretty sweet, just not that color.

generic83

lol wheel spin
I would purchase one if it fit under the shift boot. I would feel much better about banging gears if i didnt have to worry about breaking the shifter fork in the tranny. But then again would they offer shift gates for different SS kits?

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
The DSG comes with one :biggrin:

sorry, i had too.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Its not for finding the right gear. Its to keep you from going past the point of engagement. Bending/breaking the shifterfork.

How would this happen? Are you saying if you were like furiously shifting through the gears and your pushing so hard the shifter would bend?

And I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult to machine one of these if you really wanted to.

leviathan18

Ready to race!
i like it but i like more the little button that stiffen the suspension cant we have that one ?

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
i like it but i like more the little button that stiffen the suspension cant we have that one ?

you can install suspension that is electronically dampened so you can adjust ride to sport, normal, race, comfort, or any other configuration you like at the touch of a button