DIY - Remote Window Closure / Opening

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
What pray tell is a 5052b scan tool?

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
I had all my VAG-COM work done and it all went smooth except for the Sunroof Closure from Remote option...anybody experience that. Probablly clicked on something wrong by accident.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
After following the instructions.. I still dont understand how to do it. Im Vagcom savy, but I dont get it :(

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
Had a guy named chris do mine from vwvortex.com he had some simple gui application and the cable. I watched him go through the selections and he told me that the dealership never enabled my DRL's. Which is cool mind you but funny all the same that it wasnt done. Makes you wonder how many more cars they send out with out DRL's.

Anyways it seemed real easy to use and in 6 min. he was done. My unlock and lock window action was working. I am uber happy. Now I can cool off the car before I get in before leaving work. Thanks CHRIS you rock!

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
can this be done on a rabbit?

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
That is sweet!!!! Great link. Except the guy here in Des Moines wants
"everything for tree fity" I sure hope he is not asking for $350??????

It's a South Park joke, meaning I'm sure he wants no money. And if he does it's only $3.50. Which is the price of a 40 and a pack of cigs...in theroy.

That link is really awesome thanks for the VAG tool locater.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
wooohooooooo sweet it workz hahahah tanx

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I actually just went and purchased a Vag Com. A guy I work with has a GTI also so it was worth it. I also, plan on modding the car more so I am sure it will be usefull. We did this mod right after I disabled the DRL's. It works great...too bad it's fall weather here. Can't really use the auto closure thing right now.

bkmk5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
My dealer said they could do this mod for me when i brought my car in for the new navigation... is there anything I am doing wrong?
1. Get out of car.
2. Look at my car at aw.
3.a Hold lock button and watch windows go up. or
3.b Hold unlock button and watch windows go down.
Well the chick said it was done for me... and now when I try doing that with the key fob... nothing happens... i guess i gotta just ask them to do it again.

BwackWabbit

Reppin' ******ation
Car(s)
'08 Bwack Wabbit
can this be done on a rabbit?
I'm gonna find out @ 1pm today, hookin' up with a local Vag-Com owner for this mod and the Leaving/Coming home lighting functions. I'll post here when I return.
Just a base Rabbit w/no euro switch so if it work for me s/b good for all!

Cheers.

rickyC

Go Team Venture!
Car(s)
06 GTI Reflex Silver
Windows up and down via remote can be done with vag-com on a rabbit. I have done it for some MKV rabbit owners with great success.