GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Amber Singals

mandowombat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI STOCK
SORRY TO ASK MAYBE A SIMPLE QUESTION BUT WHERE CAN I GET EURO BULB TRAYS FOR MY TAIL LIGHTS, I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME HAVE LUCKED OUT AND ORDERED THEM ONLY TO HAVE THEM COME IN AS EURO TRAYS AND OF COURSE I CAN MOD THE CURRENT ONES.

MAYBE A PART NUMBER TO CALL MY LOCAL VW DEALERSHIP- OR SOMEWHERE ONLINE?

I am pretty sure that the scarcity of euro spec bulb holders is why we do this.

Sent from my mobile thinger using the tapawhatsit

Where are you located? Maybe you can convince someone to do it for you.

This person would not be me because i have a job and there are projects behind schedule 18 months that i'd get to before i bothered with your bulb holders.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
damn, i thought so.
i have no solder tools, and i'm almost certain that i'd screw this up

Last time, I found euro bulb holder@ECS, not cheap( around $35 or $40 each).... You can send PM to Andy @ ECS and he can verify whether they still have them or not.

Last time, I found euro bulb holder@ECS, not cheap( around $35 or $40 each).... You can send PM to Andy @ ECS and he can verify whether they still have them or not.

Or might have the part number.

If you speak German a little you could try eBay.de - someone might be willing to ship used parts overseas. The term to remember is packeshurn- slim packet- much cheaper than a box via deutche post.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
easy to find euro holder @ UK ebay, but I saw only left or right holder at that time.

easy to find euro holder @ UK ebay, but I saw only left or right holder at that time.

Unfortunately the Royal Post seems to be the slowest and most expensive transatlantic parcel service ever. I can get a package to and from Australia three times for the same cost and in the same time window as the UK.

Fwiw this mod is not difficult at all if you can identify the business end of a soldering iron and know what flux is for.

On the other hand, not being able to figure out the LH version of the mod from seeing the RH mod and having the LH bulb holder in front of you indicates to me a person who should not own a soldering iron. Unless they are willing to put in the effort to *think for a minute about where the electricity goes in the circuit.

OK so it turns out that the 7440 bulb does not actually fit through the opening in the reflector.

Considering my next move. Probably modifying the reflector to trim away the opening a bit.

mandowombat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI STOCK
Thanks again for the help in locating euro bulb trays. @baseline
I installed them and followed the vag coding for amber turn signals, but didn't work, I double checked the steps and tried again. A No Go. Thinking the soldering still needs to be done. Any input???

I activated rear fogs and still have the lights out warning

Thanks again for the help in locating euro bulb trays. @baseline
I installed them and followed the vag coding for amber turn signals, but didn't work, I double checked the steps and tried again. A No Go. Thinking the soldering still needs to be done. Any input???

I activated rear fogs and still have the lights out warning

Post pics? Euro bulb holders shouldn't need modifying.

Also post your current cecm long coding.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2