GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cylinder 4 misfire

ShazGTI

Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Hi all,
Bad misfire on cylinder 4. All 4 coil packs and all 4 sparks have been changed to NGK and problem still there.

it’s misfiring at idle and under load really badly.
Am wondering does anyone have suggestions on the issue? Potentially an injector or HPFP?
Garages in my area are so so busy at the moment so am waiting for a spot to get it diagnosed and fixed but would love anyones input here if it’s fix I can manage.

engine is fully rebuilt too so am confused on this one. Car pretty much undrivable. It starts and runs but misfires so badly constantly.
Cheers

VoodooDoll

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Hi all,
Bad misfire on cylinder 4. All 4 coil packs and all 4 sparks have been changed to NGK and problem still there.

it’s misfiring at idle and under load really badly.
Am wondering does anyone have suggestions on the issue? Potentially an injector or HPFP?
Garages in my area are so so busy at the moment so am waiting for a spot to get it diagnosed and fixed but would love anyones input here if it’s fix I can manage.

engine is fully rebuilt too so am confused on this one. Car pretty much undrivable. It starts and runs but misfires so badly constantly.
Cheers

It helps if you provide a lot more info. Here's a list:

• How many miles/km?
  • How long have you owned it
  • Any other problems you've addressed or had fixed
  • Do you have a quality scanner that can provide more than just standard DTC trouble codes, but also more specific body codes by car group (ie - codes specific to Volkswagen)
  • Have you examined the HPFP and the cam follower?
  • Have you examined the N276 connector on top of the Hitachi OEM HPFP, and is there any cracks around the mold lines (you have to look very, very closely)
  • Did car ever enter "limp mode"

ShazGTI

Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
No problem:

86000miles

2 years ownership

Cracked block so whole engine was rebuilt

Have a mediocre scanner which is pulling
Fault Code: P0304 consistently every scan even when cleared
And fault code P0300 is apparent but intermittent

Cam follower was replaced 600km ago

car entered limp mode 3 weeks ago but went back to normal and then the P0304 occurred with sever misfiring in idle and under load last week.

I replaced the PCV valve, seal, and both hoses as a first start last week but changed nothing.

the N276 is ok