GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cutting the grill

Alright so I removed my GTI badge and I would like to remove the three clips. I always seem to mess stuff up when I cut so can someone please explain to me how to remove thos clips. I have a dremel but I do not want to Make it look like shit...

Also If I do sand it off with a dremel how would i fix the sanding marks on the plastic? Should I just get some 1000 grit and spend a couple hours getting is smooth?

I need some good advice

wildstar

Autocross Champion
When I took off the plastic backing of the gti badge, I just used a dremmel and nothing else. If you use a small enuff dremmel and are careful enuff you shouldn't need to sand it down at all. Another member suggested using a blade like an exacto knife and heating it up using a candle and cutting through the parts. I think this might be a little easier if you aren't very steady with a dremel, because if you arent steady with it you'll end up taking a chunk out and I don't think plastic is very easy to fill in holes with. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks man...I am going to try it with the dremel first But I plan on buying a different front anyway because they drilled my bumper. Ohhh Well....

I think the only one that is going to give me a problem is the center clip...

wildstar

Autocross Champion
That the one that is completely closed off?