GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Today, we gather to honor the memory of Riceburner, a cherished member of the GolfMK7 community whose passion for VW GTIs knew no bounds. With his fiery red hair matching his spirited personality, Riceburner brought laughter and camaraderie to our forums.

His love for VW GTIs was unmatched, but perhaps his true legacy lies in the term he inadvertently coined – "riceburnering." To buy a car and swiftly part with it became synonymous with his name, a testament to his restless spirit and unwavering pursuit of automotive perfection.

As the steward of the CSB3 thread, Riceburner's commitment to updating the title may have waned, but his presence within the community remained steadfast. He brought us together, sparking lively discussions and fostering friendships that will endure beyond his passing.

Though he may have left us too soon, Riceburner's spirit will forever reside in the revving engines and winding roads he so dearly loved. Let us remember him not for the cars he drove, but for the joy and passion he shared with all who had the pleasure of knowing him. Rest in peace, Riceburner. Your legacy burns bright in our hearts. You are truly now in the arms of an angel.
Just once I want to hear a eulogy that was like

"yea Becky was a real piece of shit. She sucked all the energy out of a room when she walked into it. She is survived by 3 adult children who don't speak to her"

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

"yea Becky was a real piece of shit. She sucked all the energy out of a room when she walked into it. She is survived by 3 adult children who don't speak to her"
this'll be millennials when their parents kick it lol

Saabingti

Autocross Champion

Floating around the internet I've seen an obit that basically goes "He was a deadbeat dad who treated us like shit. He will not be missed."

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
apparently you can make some interesting requests when writing wills. I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread in the sand at Laguna Seca because that just seems like a dope way to go, and since I don't have kids or anything I'm sending my best friend on an errand to basically use estate funds to cover travel and get my ashes there... giving him a sweet vacation to a racetrack (and I've written in some stuff requesting that he drive it, so hopefully that works too lol)

Obituaries are a weird thing. Like the immediate folks who would be going to the funeral would already know the characteristics in the obit, and is anyone else gonna give a shit? I'm not really a big blood relations/family type of person, so hopefully anybody putting me in charge of a funeral isn't expecting much. Hopefully my parents enjoy their later years and do some cool shit.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

this'll be millennials when their parents kick it lol

no cap was about to say "I'll invite you to my moms funeral"

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I hate funerals. Obviously, nobody "likes" funerals and people dying usually sucks, but just like, the concept of them in general. Why do we have them? The dead person obviously doesn't care. Nobody ever wants to be there. Not the grieving relatives, not the guests. It's just a shitty, uncomfortable situation for every person involved, asides from the people in the funeral industry laughing all the way to the bank. You spend thousands of dollars for this big spectacle that nobody fucking wants. So why even do it? Just because "that's what you do"? Am I just insensitive?

It's part of why I dread dealing with anyone close to me dying. If my father passed tomorrow, all it would do is cause a huge argument between me, my sister, and my aunts\uncles, because my stance would just be "Who the fuck cares? Have him cremated, spread the ashes somewhere if you want. All us close relatives can go out for dinner to remember him or some shit."

That's pretty much what I've told my wife. If I die, I don't want a funeral. Please don't fucking waste a shit ton of money on one. I'd legit be more happy if they threw my body in a dumpster behind Wendy's vs. having a funeral.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I hate funerals. Obviously, nobody "likes" funerals and people dying usually sucks, but just like, the concept of them in general. Why do we have them? The dead person obviously doesn't care. Nobody ever wants to be there. Not the grieving relatives, not the guests. It's just a shitty, uncomfortable situation for every person involved, asides from the people in the funeral industry laughing all the way to the bank. You spend thousands of dollars for this big spectacle that nobody fucking wants. So why even do it? Just because "that's what you do"? Am I just insensitive?

It's part of why I dread dealing with anyone close to me dying. If my father passed tomorrow, all it would do is cause a huge argument between me, my sister, and my aunts\uncles, because my stance would just be "Who the fuck cares? Have him cremated, spread the ashes somewhere if you want. All us close relatives can go out for dinner to remember him or some shit."

That's pretty much what I've told my wife. If I die, I don't want a funeral. Please don't fucking waste a shit ton of money on one. I'd legit be more happy if they threw my body in a dumpster behind Wendy's vs. having a funeral.
we're spreading your ashes at gokarting, pocket sand style. Get rekt n00bs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i wish i could see what my actual eulogy would look like but maybe its better i dont lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
we're spreading your ashes at gokarting, pocket sand style. Get rekt n00bs

Please send my ashes to an IATF:16949 certified factory in Guangzhou so I can be made into a set of 4 piston Bremby brake calipers.