GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Grandmas Boy Gives Rice Individual Throttle Boners

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Tune up on my wife's 6.2 V8...that last spark plug is a real sonofabitch.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I have a new mower about to makes its debut cut tomorrow morning
gas or electric?

or are you going with the old school finger-taker?

1682108110036.png

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I've thought about going electric with that (one of those battery powered ones not a corded one just begging me to run over the cord). I'm curious how long those batteries actually last/how good the mowers really are.

Though my parents have had a gas mower for going on 20 years now with zero issues......not sure electric ones can hold up that long.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The last house I rented before buying our house, the owner knocked $100 a month off if we took care of the lawn maintenance, so he could stop paying someone to go it. I accepted, and he dropped off a new electric corded mower with a 100' cable.

Dear god was mowing that lawn with that thing a super pain in the ass.

Never ran over the cord though in the 4 years we were there.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
My mom has an electric one and it's been pretty alright for the past five years or so.
Battery or plug in? I'm not as worried about the electric motor as I am about the shelf life of the batteries. I'd expect around the 5 year mark the batteries would either not hold a charge or hold such a small charge that I'd do about 10 sq ft before having to charge them back up again.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
worth repeating.

them first couple of cuts per year are not easy on the body. I have a bit of property and with a 48" walk-behind it takes me around 3 hrs moving at a decent pace. 4 hrs if I do trimming of stuff that only gets cut 1x month.

Man you gotta get a zero turn. Once you own one you will never go back to anything else for cutting grass.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
How intelligent.
Goodbye.