GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Food prices have gotten ridiculous in the last couple of years.

bro it's supply chain delays and shortages bro it's inflation trust me bro I would never lie to you

Like sure, there was an actual chicken shortage ... three years ago ... and wings are still $1.75/ea. But the lifespan of a chicken is 8-10 months 🤔

==

Still willing to pay the $28 for a med Italian Bomb at Modern tho
greedflation is real, corporate profits are sky-high and 'muh inflation'. We started doing more with copycat recipies at home, being able to eat olive garden style chicken alfredo in your underwear on the couch watching Futurama is the life

Back at the dealer today for my mk8.

3 different sets of wheels and tires and they all vibrate on the highway. Doesn’t matter who balances them. Funny how everyone piled on Discount Tire (and me for going there), but 2 different shops verified the balance was good. I asked them to re-balance anyways. I’m having the dealer check hub runout and I dunno what else today.

Also having them look at a loud whistle/squeal under full boost again. Last week I was there for this they didn’t know what it is but said all the intake and charge pipes are fine. SA said it’s probably normal wastegate sound because someone heard that on a mk5 once 🙄. But I’ve asked around online and can’t find any other mk8 owners who get this noise (
). Sounds to me like a boost leak or a failing DV 🤷‍♂️. If it’s normal, fine.

I didn’t expect to be spending hours upon hours at the shop before I even hit 1500 miles. I’m keeping detailed records of everything in case any of these issues are lemon law worthy if they can’t fix it.
That's a bummer dude, sorry about your luck :/ with stuff that's mass-produced like this even when there's like a 0.001% failure rate, it still sucks to be that 0.001%. Hope it gets resolved for you without too much headache.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I've known who I'd appoint for over a year, but the owners won't reply to me

Thanks, but I don't want to be a mod.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Had the MRI, and the next phone call was "Ok, we go the results. Next opening for a follow up is in two weeks."

Guess who has a torn rotator cuff and has to have surgery?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
greedflation is real, corporate profits are sky-high and 'muh inflation'. We started doing more with copycat recipies at home, being able to eat olive garden style chicken alfredo in your underwear on the couch watching Futurama is the life

That's a bummer dude, sorry about your luck :/ with stuff that's mass-produced like this even when there's like a 0.001% failure rate, it still sucks to be that 0.001%. Hope it gets resolved for you without too much headache.

I do have a countertop fryer, and a killer fried chicken brine/recipe somewhere. Maybe I should try to learn how to make wings.

Also found super delicious super easy birria at ezbombs.com, not a joke. I made birria the "real" way twice and this is 98% as yummy for 98% less effort.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
1000001992.jpg

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Guess who has a torn rotator cuff and has to have surgery?

Damn dude that's a bummer. I had my shoulder done about 10 years ago, arthroscopic so not too involved. Munched oxys for maybe 3 days afterwards and then switched to ibuprofen.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Back at the dealer today for my mk8.

3 different sets of wheels and tires and they all vibrate on the highway. Doesn’t matter who balances them. Funny how everyone piled on Discount Tire (and me for going there), but 2 different shops verified the balance was good. I asked them to re-balance anyways. I’m having the dealer check hub runout and I dunno what else today.

Also having them look at a loud whistle/squeal under full boost again. Last week I was there for this they didn’t know what it is but said all the intake and charge pipes are fine. SA said it’s probably normal wastegate sound because someone heard that on a mk5 once 🙄. But I’ve asked around online and can’t find any other mk8 owners who get this noise (
). Sounds to me like a boost leak or a failing DV 🤷‍♂️. If it’s normal, fine.

I didn’t expect to be spending hours upon hours at the shop before I even hit 1500 miles. I’m keeping detailed records of everything in case any of these issues are lemon law worthy if they can’t fix it.
That sucks man, I hope they get it fixed quickly.

If it makes you feel any better, car wash broke my rear wiper and it's backordered.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
It's not a surprise considering the low build quality on mk8s. A local young kid that I did a bunch of work for on his mk7 traded to a mk8, kept it stock except a short shifter. He was in the dealer every other week for random problems and ended up dumping it after 4 months