GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Couple of MKV on the track holding there own

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
I saw pictures of this car on facebook the other day. I saved a pic showing a bit of the cage design. I went to the Brimtek website as well as their sponsor GermanAutoParts.com but couldn't find much more info on the car other than this:

APR software
Stop-Tech big brake kit
AIM Data System
JRZ (3)-Way adjustable suspension
Ground Control camber plates
Gripper LSD
Piper Motorsports custom exhaust
BBS RGR wheels
BSH motor mounts
Racetech seat

it's good to see the mkv expanding into more racing series though

Attachments

• race gti cage1.jpg
    race gti cage1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 690

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Damn that thing is badass. I love seeing any MKV track car, R32 or GTI.

pmont5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2005 s2000
Im pretty sure I saw this car in person at the DC auto show. Looked pretty fucking awesome.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
The first vid is interesting, the white Mk5 with Revo on the back is really moving well around the track, then he makes a mistake coming out of the Hog Pen at 8:00 and gets passed.

In 2nd vid his Mk5 seems to hit good speed on the straights there, not sure what World Challenge rules are for his class but seems to be putting down good power.

It really shows how crazy the climbing esses are at VIR, you bounce from one rumble strip to the next all the way up while accelerating to well over 100.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
I was going to ask what v_max you guys are achieving on the front and back straight for comparison. I've only run VIR once and didn't have any data back then so I'm not sure where I was at.

stenger944

Gti Guy
Car(s)
09 Mkv GTI
those videos are the tits....dude in the first video is running some questionable lines around that track lol

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
That IS300 in the first video sounds mean, but it sure is slow to pick up speed. Take a look how long it takes him to go from 80 to 100.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
It really shows how crazy the climbing esses are at VIR, you bounce from one rumble strip to the next all the way up while accelerating to well over 100.

That suspension is setup well, stiff enough with little cross weight transfer but little bounce still having great mechanical grip. His driving style fits the FWD as he been running them for a while,look up the author in those vids and see him running his mk3 gti battling in ITB battling those light honda civic LOL. I heard those JRZ work well and are affordable to buy and maintaine for that level of racingWonder if he runing large sway bars( frt and rear )in the MKV. FYI I heard and read that WTC seires is going BIG in 2012 with lots of manufactor backing , this year they have a very limited sch. Looks like us fans have more racing weekends to watch at the track. Bob. G :thumbsup:

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
The car seems to stay flat, I'd guess its got hefty spring rates front and rear, and front and rear bars. He's getting around the track nicely with the GTI. I last ran that track with 450f/350r rates, it handled great there, but pretty stiff ride home.

I also love how the power keeps on going, at about 120-125 it really seems to get into power band and accelerating again. He's also probably running with 300 lb less weight than a stock GTI.

Bswarm

Ready to race!
I've seen this car at VIR personally and I talked to them when I was looking for a tap and die big enough to fix my hub. It's stoptech fronts, stock turbo, stock rear brakes with hawk pads, hoosier r6, wheel stud conversion, the JRZ's with external reservoirs in the engine bay along with some other small mods. Didn't look TOO modded engine wise though. The guys were really cool and helpful. Running about a 2:08 on VIR if I remember correctly, which is damn fast.