GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coolant Temp/Torque App

pwork

Operating coolant temp should be 190°? Mine is reading 190 on the dash idiot gage, but 172-174 w/ torque.

08 FSI. Recently changed the timing belt (and wp), and cleaned the intake valves (all in one go). Thanks to all that wrote and contributed to the DIY's. Car has run great since. However, I downloaded the torque app to keep an eye on things just in case (scan gage crapped out)...all is well except for the coolant temp is lower than I would expect when reading from the OBD2; I didn't pay attention to the coolant temp before the TB and intake work. It does appear that the thermostat is closed, then opens at around 150-160watching the data (not definitive though; temp doesn't drop a lot) and heat works fine. Gas mileage seems to be a bit down, but not out of range for this time of year. Seem to recall that the coolant temp and dsg temp were the same, but haven't looked at that in a while.

-Torque accurate? no vag com access...
-Don't worry about it or throw a new thermostat in it?

gatz

This is normal behavior. The dash gauge is not the real temp, it's got fudge factors built in. All it really is meant is to indicate "cold, normal, or overheating". If it's not cold or overheating it always shows 190 regardless of actual temp.