GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cold Air Intake

07Noside

Banned
Lol @ old ass bump....

BTW... if you look at the savings on the neuspeed intake in the link, they say you save $89...???

$210-200 = $10 :iono: lmao...

It says retail = $289.95
-
Their price =$199.99
------------------------------
$89.96

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^Holy engine bay :eyebulge:
Very nice

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
Its what happens when people search first...

They find a thread related to what they are looking for a reply to it :)

Its the same reason why many big forums tend to eat threads after a while.

Figured as much; makes sense. :thumbsup:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
So for all of us with a Neuspeed intake, and want a CAI extension, whats the cheapest rout? Namotorsports.com has the Neuspeed CAI extension for $50 cheaper than Neuspeeds site at, $150, will forge's intake work with the Neuspeed P-Flo?
I really like the ABD extension, I plan on getting the entire piping, and wouldnt mind cutting my P-flo to fit it, whats the cheapest place to find that ABD section?

So cheapest places that you guys know of for
ABD Stage I & II:
Neuspeed CAI extension: $150 (Namotorsports.com)
other brand CAI equivalent: (Forge?)

bonethuggpaolucci

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Many
i talked to someone from new german racing and they said that it should take 2-3 months for carbonio to make one.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
i talked to someone from new german racing and they said that it should take 2-3 months for carbonio to make one.
Personally, I think Carbonios stuff is crap, take a close look at the carbonio intake that they sell now, its almost exactly the same as the OE part that youre taking off, they just give you a different drop in filter to use, yeah it looks decent, but takes the same overall shape as the OE plastic piece that you take off, plus it still has to travel through your stock airbox. I dont agree with Carbonios intake at all, I see it and I think rip off.

Im using the Neuspeed intake and just added the EIP Tuning Cold Air extension to it and Im completely happy, Ive had the Neuspeed intake for about a year and I just added the CAI extension last week and the car drives better, you can hear the turbo spool much more and the blow off sound from my spacer is about twice as loud and my exhaust got about 1/2 a note deeper.

So to anyone looking into a CAI, whether it be the entire intake that drops behind the bumper or just an extension to your existing intake, its worth it. Whether or not it shows on a dyno, the car just feels healthier, and my MPG seems to be happier as well.:w00t:

CAI's are Raven approved:thumbup:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Here's a stage 2 cold air
www.abdracing.com
This ABD intake looks like SEX! And is definately my dream intake, the diameter is larger than most intakes (I said most) and its different than Forge's in a sense where I dont think Forge's intake is ceramic coated, while this ABD intake is ceramic coated, this keeps the engine heat away from your cool air coming into your turbo.

THIS intake is definately Raven approved:thumbup:

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Does look nice - plus a K&N cone <thumbs up>

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
Lots of mention of our intake in here, but no pics.

The pipe is supplied in bare aluminum with the expressed intent that the owner can do whatever they want with it.

It can be:

Polished
Painted
Powder Coated
Caramic Coated
Swain Coated
Heat Wrapped
Gold Foil Wrapped

or anything else your little heat desires.

Standard

Heat wrapped