GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clicking Noise Under Deceleration: Details Inside

Corgon

Ready to race!
Yes it's another one of those threads and you're probably going to tell me it's m y waste gate actuator that's rattling, but my mechanic said it's something he can't quite put his finger on.

It sounds like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujDpJVD4Pfc&feature=youtu.be

But it's really loud, like it echoes off buildings when I'm driving downtown.

It happens when:
- The engine is warm, it will never do it when I just start the car, you have to drive around for a bit.
- The car isn't afterfiring. If I'm getting crackles and pops while decelerating, the rattle isn't there. I mainly get the crackles when the engine is cold. If the engine is warm I have to really play with the throttle to get it to stop rattling and start crackling.
- I turn the engine off. Right when I turn the engine off it does it for a second while the revs die down.
- Deceleration even when the car isn't moving.

For starters I have the "clip" but it did nothing, it's still on there but it didn't even make the sound quieter.

For the past year that I've had this car I've been trying to figure out what this noise is. One mechanic told me it's my intake, which I highly doubt. (I have a KN Typhoon). Please help! :bow:

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
This is exactly my problem, I sent that same video to doug the other day and he said no way. Today I crawled under again an tapped the wastegate arm an jus touching it with my finger makes it rattle. Brand new turbo no less

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
I'm getting that same noise but mine is due to the downpipe rattling on the shield in the tunnel if I'm not mistaken. I have a cts turbo dp that doesn't fit perfectly. I'm gonna have to replace it or make some adjustments to it eventually

Corgon

Ready to race!
I'm getting that same noise but mine is due to the downpipe rattling on the shield in the tunnel if I'm not mistaken. I have a cts turbo dp that doesn't fit perfectly. I'm gonna have to replace it or make some adjustments to it eventually

I have the same DP and you're correct, that it doesn't fit perfectly. It actually fits so bad that I had to take it to a shop to make new hangers.

Unfortunately in my case it's not that simple as I believe its something that's directly related to engine exhaust. It's very possible that it could be the wastegate. How would I test/fix this?