GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clean Firewall Hole Delete, DIY.

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I have a DV relocation, and I have this part installed. I bought it off someone on these forums, I didn't realize there was a thread on it.

Anyways, nice clean OEM solution to having a rag stuffed in that opening. Install took me maybe 20-30 mins tops, the tricky part is getting the original plate out and getting the new one in and positioned correctly, its pretty tight in there. The trick for me was to use a flat head screwdriver to pop the clips before sliding the old part out.

cosedsc

EE Militia
I have a few that I could sell, yes. I ordered a few sets when I bought mine, I usually do this with inexpensive mods. If you need just the clip then I suggest going to the dealer, Im not too sure Id be too keen on splitting up a set. Mind if I ask why you only need the one piece?

When I learned about this mod, i only saw the main part and not the clip so i just bought the main piece and not the clip

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Thanks for the DIY, I just bookmarked this for when I do the DV Relocation mod! :thumbsup:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
I have a DV relocation, and I have this part installed. I bought it off someone on these forums, I didn't realize there was a thread on it.

Anyways, nice clean OEM solution to having a rag stuffed in that opening. Install took me maybe 20-30 mins tops, the tricky part is getting the original plate out and getting the new one in and positioned correctly, its pretty tight in there. The trick for me was to use a flat head screwdriver to pop the clips before sliding the old part out.
Yeah it looks like its going to pop right in, and just when its about to "click" in its place, it get super tight and then you wished you hadnt skipped your wheaties this morning. Its not too hard, it just looks super easy and then at the last step gives you a little bit of trouble.

When I learned about this mod, i only saw the main part and not the clip so i just bought the main piece and not the clip
Ah gotcha, thats what I figured. Honestly for such a small piece it may be more cost effective for you if you just visit the dealer for it, after shipping you'd probably be paying about the same price if you bought it from me, and then I'd be stuck with a partial set. It would be worth it if you were getting both parts from me, but for such a small piece the dealer may be your best bet.

cosedsc

EE Militia
Yeah it looks like its going to pop right in, and just when its about to "click" in its place, it get super tight and then you wished you hadnt skipped your wheaties this morning. Its not too hard, it just looks super easy and then at the last step gives you a little bit of trouble.

Ah gotcha, thats what I figured. Honestly for such a small piece it may be more cost effective for you if you just visit the dealer for it, after shipping you'd probably be paying about the same price if you bought it from me, and then I'd be stuck with a partial set. It would be worth it if you were getting both parts from me, but for such a small piece the dealer may be your best bet.

yeah i hear you, thanks for the good write up

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
raven do you have a dyi on remove that canster. in my TSI the fit it super tight, and i can barely get my hand in there.
Ive been planning on doing one for that but Ive just been so busy lately. Basically what you'd be doing is removing this after you remove that single bolt that fastens your firewall together. In the DIY above I actually noted the step that you would be removing the canister on. It was a year and a half ago that I removed mine, so Im a little foggy, and to do the DIY I'd have to re-install it and then take pics as I remove it a 2nd time.
But basically once youve removed the single bolt holding part of your firewall down then you can lift up that part of your firewall and gain enough room behind it. I believe its two bolts holding the canister down, theyre rubber bushing bolts, and once youve loosened the two, the canister should be able to squeeze out through the gap in the firewall.
Again, I did this a long time ago so I'm a little foggy and may be missing some small details, but that's basically the gist of it. If youve got any more questions after this, just hit me back and I'll give you a hand to work through this.

Note: If anyone local to me would like me to remove your canister so I can write a DIY for that, hit me up and we can get this done, no charge at all. Shouldnt take long, and I have the required tools with me.:thumbsup:

patrick_irwin

Go Kart Champion
my canister is L-shape with a clamp connecting it to the car that the firewall hardly moved once i unscrewed that 10mm bolt. ill look at it tomorrow, snap some pics a make DIY. ill probably figure it out. thanks for your help

cosedsc

EE Militia
Ive been planning on doing one for that but Ive just been so busy lately. Basically what you'd be doing is removing this after you remove that single bolt that fastens your firewall together. In the DIY above I actually noted the step that you would be removing the canister on. It was a year and a half ago that I removed mine, so Im a little foggy, and to do the DIY I'd have to re-install it and then take pics as I remove it a 2nd time.
But basically once youve removed the single bolt holding part of your firewall down then you can lift up that part of your firewall and gain enough room behind it. I believe its two bolts holding the canister down, theyre rubber bushing bolts, and once youve loosened the two, the canister should be able to squeeze out through the gap in the firewall.
Again, I did this a long time ago so I'm a little foggy and may be missing some small details, but that's basically the gist of it. If youve got any more questions after this, just hit me back and I'll give you a hand to work through this.

Note: If anyone local to me would like me to remove your canister so I can write a DIY for that, hit me up and we can get this done, no charge at all. Shouldnt take long, and I have the required tools with me.:thumbsup:

now this is a cool dude:thumbsup:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
my canister is L-shape with a clamp connecting it to the car that the firewall hardly moved once i unscrewed that 10mm bolt. ill look at it tomorrow, snap some pics a make DIY. ill probably figure it out. thanks for your help
I dont have much experience with the TSI canister, sorry. Id like to see those pics cus Im sure this wont be the last time I'll be asked about the TSI canister. I know the FSI noise pipe system like the back of my hand, now I just need to get a hold of a TSI for an hour or so, then I'll be all set.:thumbsup:

now this is a cool dude:thumbsup:
Aw, now ya got me blushing.

patrick_irwin

Go Kart Champion
i couldnt get to it today, but tomorrow might be i high possiblity, ive been super busy the past week, and come tuesday it will be the same story. christmas time is crazy, but its good money

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
i couldnt get to it today, but tomorrow might be i high possiblity, ive been super busy the past week, and come tuesday it will be the same story. christmas time is crazy, but its good money

Any luck yet? I know what you mean, Ive been super busy but still seems like Im not getting anything done.:thumbsup:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
BUMP!!!

patrick_irwin

Go Kart Champion
Any luck yet? I know what you mean, Ive been super busy but still seems like Im not getting anything done.:thumbsup:

man to be honest, i havent even touched nor will i be doing it, my car is going back to stock. VWoA has 15 days to fix my car or i get my money back plus compension. car has been in and out of the shop 3 times for the same problem.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Whats the problem?