GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL After Intake Install

Hallmonitor

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently installed the Forge WINtake on my 06 FSI and after a couple miles there was a CEL. I also realized that I wasn't getting any sexy turbo noises anymore as I did with the stock box. So I unplugged my battery today to clean the corrosion and plugged it back in, started her up and went for a drive. I've noticed that the turbo spool was louder than ever but only for about 20 miles. After I started my car up again for the ride home, I put some foot on the gas and there was no more sexy turbo noise and the CEL popped up again. It feels like the car is still accelerating just as fast.

Long story short I installed forge wintake, throws CEL, and deletes amazing turbo noise.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks! I'll check the code tomorrow.
[emoji26] [emoji30] [emoji45]

larcic

Ready to race!
what cel? can you log your long term fuel trim?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Did you buy the WINTake used off of someone? I thought early production runs were flawed in some way. Don't know the details, but I remember some comments about them having an issue.

larcic

Ready to race!
only flaws in aftermarket intakes are maf sensor position/location/housing and a good way to check that is to look at your long term fuel trim. if its below 10% its all good and i think we get CEL at 15%

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Scan it and get the codes. Your are in the dark about the Cel without it.

larcic

Ready to race!
yupp i see alot of these post of problems without scanning. you can get a scan tool for like less than 20$...

Hallmonitor

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you buy the WINTake used off of someone? I thought early production runs were flawed in some way. Don't know the details, but I remember some comments about them having an issue.
Whoa. Yea I bought it used. I didn't read up anything like that when I was checking out reviews before I bought it. Thanks for the heads up![emoji8]

Hallmonitor

Passed Driver's Ed
Got a cheapy little $15 obd reader and the code read:
P0171, system too lean, bank 1..
I just got a new air filter for this wintake so maybe it's the maf?

larcic

Ready to race!
same code i'm getting with my neuspeed. i bet your ltfts are high. you cant check that unless you get vagcom or the torque app with a bluetooth obd2 reader. :/ get maf cleaner to clean your maf and see if that helps.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Check your brake boost vacuum hoses they probably got damaged when you installed the intake.

Hallmonitor

Passed Driver's Ed
same code i'm getting with my neuspeed. i bet your ltfts are high. you cant check that unless you get vagcom or the torque app with a bluetooth obd2 reader. :/ get maf cleaner to clean your maf and see if that helps.
Yo dude I can check my long term fuel trim with this obd reader lol. I'm running like 21%