GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Casey Volkswagen in Hampton, VA

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Couldn't have asked for a better bunch of guys to sell me a car. Professional, courteous, and willing to help. I highly recommend this place to anyone in the Hampton Roads area in Virginia.

Only thing that sucks is crossing the HRBT every time I need to go in there. It's a hassle, and always backed up during rush hour.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
So what kind of deal did you work out and what options did you get?

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
A41.8QTM said:
So what kind of deal did you work out and what options did you get?
They ran an e-mail ad for an in-stock base-model GTI with no options at all in Tornado Red for a really low price just to generate interest. I called them on it and reserved the car only about an hour after receiving the e-mail. It was advertised for $19,900 before the usual stuff (dest. fee, dealer fee, taxes title etc.), and it still came out to be just over invoice after that was all added up. I paid, out the door, less than the base MSRP.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Okay, a fair price for a completely base GTI is about $21,500 out the door (that's assuming a 3% profit for the dealer and 3% VA sales tax...I didn't bother to include title and tags). I believe you said you paid $21,650. I can understand why they were so good to deal with...you left extra $$$ on the table. Still not a BAD deal but you had room to negotiate and still give them a fair profit.

Dr. Woo said:
They ran an e-mail ad for an in-stock base-model GTI with no options at all in Tornado Red for a really low price just to generate interest. I called them on it and reserved the car only about an hour after receiving the e-mail. It was advertised for $19,900 before the usual stuff (dest. fee, dealer fee, taxes title etc.), and it still came out to be just over invoice after that was all added up. I paid, out the door, less than the base MSRP.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
thats where i got my GTI. my friend and i are in the same guard unit in COnnecticut bothe down here from school and we both got new cars from casey. he got an 06 mazda3.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Were you happy with how the sales department treated you? Do you mind telling us what you got and what you paid out the door?

AxMan said:
thats where i got my GTI. my friend and i are in the same guard unit in COnnecticut bothe down here from school and we both got new cars from casey. he got an 06 mazda3.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
i got quite a bit, wish i could have gotten more for my trade but it was paid off so its all good, i also got a real good interest rate 6.5%, i figured it would have been higher but its good, also i got everything but the nav, leather and dual zone climate plus maintanance for 4 years 7 year warranty and gap insurance. it will be paid off in 48 moths as well. its about 475 a month, would have been a bit less for 60 months but ill pay more to have it paid off faster

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Do you have bad credit? Current financing from VW is 4.9% but I'm not sure what kind of credit score you need to get that...probably something in the 720+ range.