GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying Fully Loaded 2006, Good Deal?

TheFaulk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV CW GTI
I got my 2007 GTI 4 door with 120,000 6speed M, leather, new tires, brakes, service records and a APR Stage 1 with a 50,000 power train warranty for $11,500. They can be found, check your dealership if you want one with a warranty, you can usually get decent deals if you look hard enough.

gmmills

South African
Car(s)
CW GTI
I don't plan on modding it. There are deals on here but none in my area.

Okay thats fine, I would wait for a goood deal, unless you really need a car. I waited 5 months, then again I got my parents to drive 5 hours to pick mine up in Tennessee. 65K miles, 6m/t,sunroof,leather, climate control, etc for 13K which was 1K more than I wanted to spend but it was worth it!

Are you set on a DSG? They are known to have issues with the mechatronics.
Color preference, I waited so long for a candy white ;)

Post up some cars you are looking at with price, miles etc...

Viru5

Ready to race!
I got my 2007 GTI 4 door with 120,000 6speed M, leather, new tires, brakes, service records and a APR Stage 1 with a 50,000 power train warranty for $11,500. They can be found, check your dealership if you want one with a warranty, you can usually get decent deals if you look hard enough.

Idk how long go you got your car but I feel like you over payed for a car w 120k miles I got my 06 last year w 32k for 12k and 2 year warranty clean car fax

TheFaulk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV CW GTI
Idk how long go you got your car but I feel like you over payed for a car w 120k miles I got my 06 last year w 32k for 12k and 2 year warranty clean car fax

It was the lowest miles on any GTI within 200 miles of where I live. Car max down from me has a 06 with 140,xxx for 10,500 lol

Vincent Tran

Passed Driver's Ed

That is a steal!! I always thought that dealers cost a lot more than private sales? To the others, I would prefer DSG, but I would settle for a manual if it is a really good deal.. The traffic and negligent driving here isn't exactly very appropriate for a standard transmission. I also am fine with any color except red or silver. But like I said, if it's a steal I will have to just get over it. Also I have been looking for a car ever since a lady backed into my old one over 4 months ago. I have scoured three different craiglists daily for hours and with summer coming up, I am getting really tired of searching.

Viru5

Ready to race!
It was the lowest miles on any GTI within 200 miles of where I live. Car max down from me has a 06 with 140,xxx for 10,500 lol

Jezzz that's crazy! There pretty reasonable out here

Viru5

Ready to race!
That is a steal!! I always thought that dealers cost a lot more than private sales? To the others, I would prefer DSG, but I would settle for a manual if it is a really good deal.. The traffic and negligent driving here isn't exactly very appropriate for a standard transmission. I also am fine with any color except red or silver. But like I said, if it's a steal I will have to just get over it. Also I have been looking for a car ever since a lady backed into my old one over 4 months ago. I have scoured three different craiglists daily for hours and with summer coming up, I am getting really tired of searching.

Yeah i got a good deal love my car for sure. Yeah I know how that feels I did that w my lexus it took forever to find one especially when u want something bad! Idk how far you would drive to buy a car but I drove 4.5 hrs maybe expand how far you would travel

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
2006 is the most "luxurious" MY in my opinion... Especially in leather.

They started deleting all of these little things to save money, and the cam follower / camshaft / fuel pump are all factory warrantied to 120k now... So a lightly modified 06 is a good find even at 60,000+ miles.

I picked up my 2006 6spd MT, Pkg 2, 70k on the dial with timing belt, water pump, and a/c compressor already done for $8,500 from a dealership.

Had the cam follower, cam, and fuel pump all replaced for free by VWoA before they even extended the warranty officially.

But I'm in the NY tri state area where there's a lot more pricing competition on cars.

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Nice score!! If a car priced like that was posted in my craigslist, it would be gone in under an hour. Are those parts warrantied on all MKVs?

I usually don't go for any cars with such high mileage... But I was a great deal and mk5's are so reliable.

Yes, all FSI engines with are warrantied for cam follower failures and their related issues.

That said if you have no cam gear galling, I would continue to purchase can followers. Even if the failure isn't catastrophic it can still leave metal in your engine when it goes.

Vincent Tran

Passed Driver's Ed
I usually don't go for any cars with such high mileage... But I was a great deal and mk5's are so reliable.

Yes, all FSI engines with are warrantied for cam follower failures and their related issues.

That said if you have no cam gear galling, I would continue to purchase can followers. Even if the failure isn't catastrophic it can still leave metal in your engine when it goes.

Ok thanks! The warranty tidbit is really nice to know.:happyanim: