Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
fuck
yes

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Love your car JAK-RBT. You're the one who inspired me to pick up a Rabbit Front :thumbsup:

That being said, I also love how you manage to mount your Autopilot Gauge and everything.

Hopefully the Autopilot treats you better than it treated me. I hated it, but yeah :biggrin:

JAK-RBT

SofaKingSlow
Car(s)
'08 MKV Rabbit
i want to say "Static FTW" but the more air threads i see, the more i want to convert...

this looks epic.

I love being static but i just keep wanting to go lower...

Love your car JAK-RBT. You're the one who inspired me to pick up a Rabbit Front :thumbsup:

That being said, I also love how you manage to mount your Autopilot Gauge and everything.

Hopefully the Autopilot treats you better than it treated me. I hated it, but yeah :biggrin:

Thanks man. I hope so too otherwise i did all that work for nothing :thumbdown:

if you don't mind me asking what didn't you like about it

:headbang:

the setup is looking cleaan

Thanks

absence

___liminal
good stuff man. your gonna love the bombers :thumbsup:

are you using 2x4 or 2x6's for your floor support? might want to consider going 1x if you are. plenty strong enough, lighter, and less of a projectile if you ever get rear ended.

lookin forward to seeing it on the deck

(+ remember on the bombers: dont use your OEM strut bearing, and i'd get new strut bushings. especially being low in the past, they take a beating :biggrin:)

JAK-RBT

SofaKingSlow
Car(s)
'08 MKV Rabbit
good stuff man. your gonna love the bombers :thumbsup:

are you using 2x4 or 2x6's for your floor support? might want to consider going 1x if you are. plenty strong enough, lighter, and less of a projectile if you ever get rear ended.

lookin forward to seeing it on the deck

(+ remember on the bombers: dont use your OEM strut bearing, and i'd get new strut bushings. especially being low in the past, they take a beating :biggrin:)

Thanks for the tips. I am using 2x6. I might go the 1x6 route then later on when I have everything figured out. I actually had no idea you didn't need the oem strut bearing on the bombers, I was told that only the supremes didn't need it... maybe i was told wrong.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Thanks man. I hope so too otherwise i did all that work for nothing :thumbdown:

if you don't mind me asking what didn't you like about it

Thanks

Well.

I'll try not to derail the thread. Both Myself and RSMark5 Hated the Autopilot

First off, the Screen looks like its from the 1950s. It's ugly, and well, I'm glad you found a place to hide it when you didn't wnat to look at it.

Second off, the numbers are nowhere near accurate.

Third off, you can't have a preset UNDER 30PSI. (This might be a problem for you, 30PSI isn't very low at all. Granted, I ran Airlift Struts too.

Fourth, the "Ride-Height" Button, is absolutely fucking worthless

Fifth, the Air "Sloshes" around in the Manifolds too much, causing performance to suffer. Though, many don't notice it, but I could when I made the switch from the Autopilot Blocks to the Accuair VU4 Block.

I mean, I knew my numbers by heart. They never would get there with the Preset, no matter how much tweaking, and resetting, and this and that. It just doesnt' happen.

Oh, and on top of that, well, the numbers were never "Even". I like to see uniformity. My Fronts, I like to be equal, my Rears, I like to be equal.

But with the Autopilot, even though the lines are cut 100% Identical in Length, I made sure of that on my 2nd Install, and well, 50PSI on my Drivers Front, was NOT the same as 50PSI in my Drivers Rear.

I even played around with the Manifolds and mounting them differently, running hte hosing differently, tried with Mark suggested. Got a bit better, but still not even.

I hated it. It didn't do ANYTHING that it advertised. And even if it did, it didn't do it very well.

absence

___liminal
Thanks for the tips. I am using 2x6. I might go the 1x6 route then later on when I have everything figured out. I actually had no idea you didn't need the oem strut bearing on the bombers, I was told that only the supremes didn't need it... maybe i was told wrong.

nope. bombers have it integrated into the strut, so you are good to go :thumbsup:

(but you do need the bushing)

JAK-RBT

SofaKingSlow
Car(s)
'08 MKV Rabbit
Well.

I'll try not to derail the thread. Both Myself and RSMark5 Hated the Autopilot

First off, the Screen looks like its from the 1950s. It's ugly, and well, I'm glad you found a place to hide it when you didn't wnat to look at it.

Second off, the numbers are nowhere near accurate.

Third off, you can't have a preset UNDER 30PSI. (This might be a problem for you, 30PSI isn't very low at all. Granted, I ran Airlift Struts too.

Fourth, the "Ride-Height" Button, is absolutely fucking worthless

Fifth, the Air "Sloshes" around in the Manifolds too much, causing performance to suffer. Though, many don't notice it, but I could when I made the switch from the Autopilot Blocks to the Accuair VU4 Block.

I mean, I knew my numbers by heart. They never would get there with the Preset, no matter how much tweaking, and resetting, and this and that. It just doesnt' happen.

Oh, and on top of that, well, the numbers were never "Even". I like to see uniformity. My Fronts, I like to be equal, my Rears, I like to be equal.

But with the Autopilot, even though the lines are cut 100% Identical in Length, I made sure of that on my 2nd Install, and well, 50PSI on my Drivers Front, was NOT the same as 50PSI in my Drivers Rear.

I even played around with the Manifolds and mounting them differently, running hte hosing differently, tried with Mark suggested. Got a bit better, but still not even.

I hated it. It didn't do ANYTHING that it advertised. And even if it did, it didn't do it very well.

well that's unfortunate... only reason i went with auto pilot was cuz im a noob and want to be able to see all pressures and whatnot on the controller... looks like i shouldve went with accuair setup

nope. bombers have it integrated into the strut, so you are good to go :thumbsup:

(but you do need the bushing)

good shit. Just ordered them

absence

___liminal
yeah, we call the autopilot a really pricey analog setup with gauges lol.

accuair is the sh*t -- either switchspeed or e-level. the vu-4 mani is hands down supreme

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
well that's unfortunate... only reason i went with auto pilot was cuz im a noob and want to be able to see all pressures and whatnot on the controller... looks like i shouldve went with accuair setup

good shit. Just ordered them

We all make mistakes. Maybe you'll be okay with it after driving with it, and realizing how much an E-Level will cost :cry:

Or you could just do a Switchspeed, which is already leaps and bounds better, but you do have to run legit Gauges for those.

yeah, we call the autopilot a really pricey analog setup with gauges lol.

accuair is the sh*t -- either switchspeed or e-level. the vu-4 mani is hands down supreme

Yup! Autopilot is literally a really expensive Analog System with all the gauges in one little ugly box.

Accuair :wub:

I love my E-Level, the VU4 Manifold is great. My small test was, when I used to go up my driveway, the "Air" would slosh around in the Autopilot Manifolds.

Now with the VU4, I almost 3-Wheel when I go into my driveway :biggrin:

well shitnuggets... guess i was too quick to do my research. I was kinda pressed for time on the group buy though. I'll have to upgrade management if im unhappy with this setup. which it sounds like i will be

Drive on it first! Maybe you'll be okay with it. Maybe people are, people like me, well, I don't like shit like that, so it was worth the money for me to spend it.