GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH Speedshop not shipping orders – Warning

eXpo

Car(s)
2009 GTI
Had a somewhat similar experience with them when I tried to order a BSH Race Intake from them. Responses from them were a little better though, but I feel as though I was fed a bunch of BS from them....

The only positive thing from my experience from them: They refunded my money in a timely fashion...

Car(s)
2008 GTI
I just had a 50 minute discussion with a buddy about BSH as we installed his Eurojet CAI. BSH product cannot be beat. Period. However they are so administratively poor it will be their downfall. I think that's what happened to Eurojet too. If you are not pressed for time they truly have the best product. But you have to wait a lifetime of zero communication to get it. Try NAM, they actually keep stock if BSH product.

petelking

Honda killa!
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia VRS
BSH just got back to me last night (after I filed a PayPal dispute asking for my money back)
They blamed EVOMS for not accepting the order over some problem with an invoice or something like that (nothing to do with me, its some internal process they messed up)

I told them that if they want to be professional and give me some sort of compensation for the time waisted and the fact that I paid for fast shipping and got squat I'll accept their mistake, otherwise they can cancel the order and refund my money.

If they decide to compensate me I'll ignore their little mess up, at least it would mean they are professional enough to admit they made a mistake, otherwise it would mean they don't give a crap about their customers and then I plan to post this thread in every forum I can find

At least other people will know to avoid dealing with them when they can.

That said, I've purchased a lot of parts from other stores in the past , my favorite is definitely ECS tuning who always get back to me and always provide a quick response to queries.

Last edited:

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
BSH just got back to me last night (after I filed a PayPal dispute asking for my money back)
They blamed EVOMS for not accepting the order over some problem with an invoice or something like that (nothing to do with me, its some internal process they messed up)

I told them that if they want to be professional and give me some sort of compensation for the time waisted and the fact that I paid for fast shipping and got squat I'll accept their mistake, otherwise they can cancel the order and refund my money.

If they decide to compensate me I'll ignore their little mess up, at least it would mean they are professional enough to admit they made a mistake, otherwise it would mean they don't give a crap about their customers and then I plan to post this thread in every forum I can find

At least other people will know to avoid dealing with them when they can.

That said, I've purchased a lot of parts from other stores in the past , my favorite is definitely ECS tuning who always get back to me and always provide a quick response to queries.

That's borderline blackmail, and smearing. I understand you're pissed, but if they issue you a refund, that's all you frankly need back. Shit happens sometimes. I'm sure they'll give you a credit for their online store, but don't expect free parts for your troubles. If they had sent you an intake and it cut off your arm, then I'd be in support of you asking for compensation... but for having to wait... less than a month even? I dunno.

If you think a month is bad, try waiting for AWE's carbon fiber intake to come back in stock. Some members waited the better part of a year to get tracking information. Something to do with AWE's carbon fiber supplier not coming through with the demands for the heatshields over in China, or wherever.

petelking

Honda killa!
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia VRS
nuespeed one costs 3.5 times as much, can't see myself paying that price + the carbon won't help me with the smurfs unless I paint it black which I really can't bring myself to do.

All well that ends well BSH got back to me saying they will finally be shipping the cover + gave me a compensation in the form of 15% discount. Bottom line is they bribed me the way I wanted so I can't complain.

Thank you all for all you posts and advice, I'm sure your involvement in keeping this thread alive contributed greatly to their attitude.

Well done guys, cheers.

petelking

Honda killa!
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia VRS
That's borderline blackmail, and smearing. I understand you're pissed, but if they issue you a refund, that's all you frankly need back. Shit happens sometimes. I'm sure they'll give you a credit for their online store, but don't expect free parts for your troubles. If they had sent you an intake and it cut off your arm, then I'd be in support of you asking for compensation... but for having to wait... less than a month even? I dunno.

If you think a month is bad, try waiting for AWE's carbon fiber intake to come back in stock. Some members waited the better part of a year to get tracking information. Something to do with AWE's carbon fiber supplier not coming through with the demands for the heatshields over in China, or wherever.

Blackmail, possibly, but then again all I would have done is to post their email thread which has no disclaimer about the content being private and let other people decide, with regards to smearing, I would only post facts so nothing illegal there and besides it's really the only tool we have to help us improve our suppliers service so I wouldn't have felt too bad.

Anyway they did compensate and I did mention that that is the professional way to handle this, so they are OK in my book.
Everyone makes mistakes, it's how you improve and learn from them that matters and BSH did that right.

BSH Speedshop

Ready to race!
We are coming out of one of the darkest periods in company history. Thank you to everyone who has continued to support us. For those who had poor experiences, please know that each and every time you were upset, we were with you doing the best we could at the moment. The true story of what happened would blow your minds but its sealed in the past and will not decide our future. We survived, and are stronger now then ever. Peace is returning to the valley and the strong favor we once had will be re-earned.

Also, we are going to begin phasing out a lot of the parts of others we still sell. If we dont move high enough volume, we dont stock it, and we aren't setup to be a drop shipper which leads to these types of service issues.

Thank you to the member who commented about it being black mail. What was done was a crime. You may have been rightfully frustrated, but please keep in mind we eat by doing this. Being known as thieves doesn't promote that goal.

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
You guys have great products and I hope you guys have a speedy "recovery" of your business.

BSH Speedshop

Ready to race!
You guys have great products and I hope you guys have a speedy "recovery" of your business.

Why thank you! Its getting better every single day and thats really the best thing you can ask for. We've had some fantastic experiences with supportive customers and thats what keeps us going. You guys rock! Thanks for everything.

U.G.MKV

Stealth mode
Car(s)
2007 mkv
I've never had issues with BSH. There service was always stellar for me. Hell they even sent me a shirt with my last order.

Niko

Shipping/communication

I would like to add, yeah communication wise, it's pretty awful. When they do reply, it's pretty blunt, after the mess that BSH supposedly went through, keeping the customer atleast informed in depth (would keep them calmer) a message like "we're waiting on one of your items, when it ships here your order will be complete and it will be sent out" for example is blunt. Ecs has on two separate snags informed where the item is held up, and approx how long it usually takes aswell as options. It is bad enough there is no item status on the site, I.E in stock/back order. I know if the item is on back order it will make customers go elsewhere but it's no better that the customer is waiting uninformed especially when he or she has a schedule to work around/deadline. I was warned so my mistake, had to see it for myself! Hopefully in the near future the company can get back on its feet in full swing.