GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH Phoenix Rising intercooler??

4NOBJCT

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone. I don't usually post on here much and it's been a while since I have. I've been busy getting my mk2 project finished up. About 2 months ago I had order a BSH fmic and TP from Redline Motorworks. I don't usually like to out source on big expensive parts like this. I'd rather order them direct from the company that makes the product. After years of dealing with parts companies, I've just had better luck this way. However, I heard good things about Redline and the fmic and TP were on sale with free shipping. So i ordered it up, only to realize afterwards it was on back order. Anyways, the fmic and TP arrived today! I was happy it finally came until I opened the box. At first glance it did not look like the BSH fmic's I've seen before. The core looked a bit taller and has a Precison I.D. sticker on it. It also came with a tubular bumper reinforcement. The last time I looked on the BSH site, this is the new Phoenix Rising fmic kit. Cool right? Is this even possible? I didn't think they were out yet, Their site still says pre-order now.. It would explain the delay. Now for the big question. Does anyone one on here know if this kit will still work on my 08 FSI? It looks like it should. I'm mainly concerned with any brackets and the tubular bumper. I thought this kit was for the mk6. I'll get a photo of the kit up on here later... I was a little disappointed though. Two of the ic pipes were chipped, scratched and dented! I've heard BSH quality was top notch! I really am not pointing my finger at anyone for the damage. Andrew from Redline has been very helpful and kept me informed through the whole thing. I'm willing to bet it got damaged during the delivery with FedEx!! I never have good luck with FedEx!! Alright, enough rambling. I thought this was an interesting topic seeing how I may already have a prototype fmic??? Any thoughts or info appreciated! Thanks.

4NOBJCT

Passed Driver's Ed

Here is a photo of the kit.. if it works.

4NOBJCT

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm pretty sure I did. I'm actually pumped about it because I got it for a great price! I wasn't happy about the minor defects in the piping, but I can live with it, if its the new kit. I thought this kit was coming out for the mk6 golf R first. Is the mkv front clip basically the same? I need to know if that bumper reinforcement that came with the kit will bolt to the mkv. I'm still waiting to here back to make sure this is the kit I'm suppose to have lol!

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
Give BSH a call. Your right, I think this is for the Golf R and might not fit on yours..

eod69usn

Ready to race!
that looks nothing like my regular bsh intercooler

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
That wont fit on. Its not long enough and wont be able to screw into the holes already drilled near the radiator.

4NOBJCT

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmm.. I'll find out in the next few days. I got to get my car in the shop this weekend and pull the bumper cover off so I can take a look. If this kit will fit, I'm going to use it. I'll give bsh a call tomorrow and hopefully Andrew from Redline will get back to me soon. The piping, from what I can tell looks correct. Like I mentioned before, I need to know if the bumper support will bolt up. The kit didn't come with instructions, but it looks like the intercooler bolts to that part. I actually prefer this new design much better! If its a matter of some trimming here and there, I'm not worried about it. Thats all part of modifying your car.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

DO WANT

4NOBJCT

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: I just got off the phone with BSH. They told me that I got the right kit and that this intercooler WILL FIT our MKV's! They said if I had any problems to give them a call. I guess they haven't updated their website in a while. They didn't specify for sure that the Phoenix Rising kit will be replacing the old bsh fmic kit, however thats what it seems... In the next week or so, I'll be getting this monster on my car. I will start a new thread with plenty of pictures and info on how it fits and works seeing how I may be one of the first to put it on a mkv.

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
Update: I just got off the phone with BSH. They told me that I got the right kit and that this intercooler WILL FIT our MKV's! They said if I had any problems to give them a call. I guess they haven't updated their website in a while. They didn't specify for sure that the Phoenix Rising kit will be replacing the old bsh fmic kit, however thats what it seems... In the next week or so, I'll be getting this monster on my car. I will start a new thread with plenty of pictures and info on how it fits and works seeing how I may be one of the first to put it on a mkv.

Wow...awesome!

TSiUG

sleeper...
Hey everyone. I don't usually post on here much and it's been a while since I have. I've been busy getting my mk2 project finished up. About 2 months ago I had order a BSH fmic and TP from Redline Motorworks. I don't usually like to out source on big expensive parts like this. I'd rather order them direct from the company that makes the product. After years of dealing with parts companies, I've just had better luck this way. However, I heard good things about Redline and the fmic and TP were on sale with free shipping. So i ordered it up, only to realize afterwards it was on back order. Anyways, the fmic and TP arrived today! I was happy it finally came until I opened the box. At first glance it did not look like the BSH fmic's I've seen before. The core looked a bit taller and has a Precison I.D. sticker on it. It also came with a tubular bumper reinforcement. The last time I looked on the BSH site, this is the new Phoenix Rising fmic kit. Cool right? Is this even possible? I didn't think they were out yet, Their site still says pre-order now.. It would explain the delay. Now for the big question. Does anyone one on here know if this kit will still work on my 08 FSI? It looks like it should. I'm mainly concerned with any brackets and the tubular bumper. I thought this kit was for the mk6. I'll get a photo of the kit up on here later... I was a little disappointed though. Two of the ic pipes were chipped, scratched and dented! I've heard BSH quality was top notch! I really am not pointing my finger at anyone for the damage. Andrew from Redline has been very helpful and kept me informed through the whole thing. I'm willing to bet it got damaged during the delivery with FedEx!! I never have good luck with FedEx!! Alright, enough rambling. I thought this was an interesting topic seeing how I may already have a prototype fmic??? Any thoughts or info appreciated! Thanks.

What is the point of the bumper reinforcement if i might ask?