GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bras & such

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Be careful with leather bras. It could cause more harm than protection if it's not used properly. Not to mention, it's pretty ugly :redface: I suggest a clear bra. Just make sure you go to a reputable shop that knows what they're doing and gaurantees their work.

As far as the car cover goes, I plan to go with a NOAH cover by Covercraft. I emailed them and they verified that the GTI cover would fit.

There are a lot of different covers so go with the one that's going to fit your needs best.

LINK: http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/20A10004A1.aspx

WakeHead

WakeHead
Car(s)
2008 R32 #0146
I put a clear bra on my R (3m film) including the lights, fenders, and mirrors. Unless your up close you can't even tell. I had it professionally installed, so it was expensive. But this is an expensive, limited edition car, so I felt it was worth it.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I installed it professionally and it WILL yellow over time. Leather traps dirt and will etch your paint.

Jakup

Passed Driver's Ed
Leather bras never made since to me. Why put a hideous thing on the front of your car to protect it from a chip that would be far less aesthetically displeasing? I could see if you wanted it just for a trip and took it off, but it doesn't make since to me to ruin the looks of your car for its entire life just to say, "Well, you'll never be able to see the paint under there, but trust me, it's not scratched."

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Your post doesn't make since!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
i would say you could be good with a clear bra, but it has to be put on by a competent professional. i went into my local audi dealership a couple days ago, and they were advertising the shit out of the TT that had a clear bra already applied...it was terrible, not even along the hood or anything...so you really need to watch out. i would say that you could consider them battle scars :)

oh and congrats on the purchase!

mikep

Ready to race!
Ubergolf
There are car covers and car covers. Depending on what level of protection you want.

For all weather outdoors (rain, snow etc) obviously a heavy duty cover is needed. These heavy covers will indeed cause paint scratches, if put on a dirty car.

If its just to keep the sun off for say a day, say whilst at work, then a lightweight cover will suffice.

The lightweight cover will have a less tendency to mark the paint .

I used a lightweight cover on a black car for several years every day as I parked the car at work under trees. The birds of course used to poop on the car as well as the leaves falling on it. The cover worked very well and did not mark the paint work.

With a lightweight cover the wind actually gets under the cover and lifts if away from the paint which is why it needs to be tied down.

The bra film as mentioned previously will yellow with age, as I have had that happen to some film put on a white car, to stop stones flicking off the wheels and taking paint off the car body behind the wheels.

MarioR32

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk5 R32 MY07
Car bra..

hey there champ..

i wouldnt go for a leather bra... the do trap the dirt if you arnt maticulous with your cleaning.... i just got quoted A$850.. for the clear 3M plastic contact car protection.... www.ozicozi.com.au id go for something like this..and am.

good luck with your decision.... ill let you know how it looks when mines done.. in about 12days...

MarioR32.

sparkstack

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 .:R32
unless you have something important to say, don't say anything at all. its not like it was a stupid question to start a thread.
And how did your comment enrich the thread? :iono:

Anyway...

Leather bra's make cars look ugly. Period. And 99 times out of 100 they end up doing more harm than good, because the owner seems to think they don't need to maintain it. I had a clear bra fitted on my GTI from new and unless you were only a foot or so away from the car you couldn't see it.