GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost question

Jet08

Ready to race!
My car has been running flat for want of a better term since having just replaced my injectors and did an inlet manifold off decarbon of inlet ports and valves, it is hard to decide if power is better or not because of an injector issue prior to replacement.
Anyway I ran some logs with vagcom to check for a boost leaks they show a bit of lag between requested and actual, my question is what is the expected boost of a stage 1 tune in mbar, I am seeing requested high of 2120 and actual of 2320 I also looked at fuel rail pressure and there is little difference between requested and actual max was 110bar.
Logs were in 3rd gear and I am DSG on the BWA / BPY motor, I have been tuned for 110,000 kilometres or 66,000 miles.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
My car has been running flat for want of a better term since having just replaced my injectors and did an inlet manifold off decarbon of inlet ports and valves, it is hard to decide if power is better or not because of an injector issue prior to replacement.
Anyway I ran some logs with vagcom to check for a boost leaks they show a bit of lag between requested and actual, my question is what is the expected boost of a stage 1 tune in mbar, I am seeing requested high of 2120 and actual of 2320 I also looked at fuel rail pressure and there is little difference between requested and actual max was 110bar.
Logs were in 3rd gear and I am DSG on the BWA / BPY motor, I have been tuned for 110,000 kilometres or 66,000 miles.

Post a graph of requested vs actual. Preferably a full pull from low RPM to redline in at least 4th gear. Also a graph wastegate duty cycle and timing pull from the same run.

Car(s)
Subaru
Post those logs. 3rd gear is fine. If you make too much power, you'll spin 3 rd and the results will be off. That's why flat tire said do 4th, but you don't make that much power yet.

You need the rpm, boost requested and actual, rail pressure requested and actual, and the n75

What tune you on btw?

Sent from my flip phone

Jet08

Ready to race!
Thanks for the replies, it is only a K03 and the tune is by Powerchip there were not many choices in Australia in 2008 :)
I have the data for those items as I used the APR boost diagnostic suggestions for logging. 4th gear runs are way fast at fuel cutoff in my car as it runs to 7300rpm so around 200k/hr straight to jail territory hence 3rd.
How do I imbed a graph on here?

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Thanks for the replies, it is only a K03 and the tune is by Powerchip there were not many choices in Australia in 2008 :)
I have the data for those items as I used the APR boost diagnostic suggestions for logging. 4th gear runs are way fast at fuel cutoff in my car as it runs to 7300rpm so around 200k/hr straight to jail territory hence 3rd.
How do I imbed a graph on here?

Upload graph to imgur.com and paste the bbcode link. Preview post to make sure image not too big or too small. Done.

Car(s)
Subaru
Was thinking to move to a DM tune but I have had no reponse to my previous 2 emails to them.

i havent had time to read any. sorry.

can you just pm me those logs. looks like those were done at a low frame rate but i cant tell.

thanks

also, ill try and find those emails for you right now