GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost leak Inlet manifold or TB pipe?

Jet08

Ready to race!
Replaced my fuel injectors and did a decarbon of the inlet port and valves and the car feels flat although it is hard to tell given that the injectors have been playing up for the last few months.
So I am going to run some logs what should I look for so I can differentiate between manifold and TB pipe, I have vagcom so which blocks to log.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Here are the blocks, but it won't tell you where the leak is, just that there is a leak.

You can pressurize the system and spray soapy water to find the leak. There are a ton of YouTube videos on how to make a tool to do it, if it turns out to be a leak.

http://www.drivermotorsport.com/Contact.html

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

gerrywac

Passed Driver's Ed
From experience if you have a leak check the "quick fit" rubber hose ends in the intercooler system.

After time the steel retaining clip wear away the soft metal retaining lugs on the pipe end allowing the hose to move around (or even to disconnect entirely) loosing boost especially at higher pressure.

The rubber seals can also fail. These can be replaced separately with an improved VW seal. Worn lugs requires hose replacement