GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Book Recommendations - What are you Reading

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
As much as I like a good movie I really enjoy reading. Curious if anyone else likes to turn pages in here.

I just finished Jack Carr’s recent installment of the James Reece series, Only The Dead. This is the first series of books I’ve ever read and tend to read more non fiction. On a fiction note, RIP Cormac.

So what are you reading or what’s a book you really enjoyed?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Im into nonfiction stuff.

Reality blind by nate hagens was the top read of my life so far

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Reading is a wonderful pastime! It's great to see fellow book enthusiasts here. Jack Carr's James Reece series sounds intriguing, and it's always a pleasant surprise when a fiction series captures your interest, even if you typically lean towards non-fiction.
Robots reading is no longer sci-fi.

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
Have been trying to get back into reading after a long break. Was traded Americanah (I traded out Dune), got stuck. Got myself a kindle for bday, read through Dresden Files 1-6, good easy reading. Think I'll do a re-read of How To Change Your Mind in print next for a change of pace. Need to find something not super popular I can borrow from the library on the Kindle.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
just finished this:

he wrote "Clockers'. I sometimes do detective stories but not my first choice. I enjoyed this a good bit.

https://www.amazon.com/Whites-Novel-Richard-Price-ebook/dp/B00MLNBJOU

One of the best books I've read in years. Not light reading but great Think Life of Pi but darker.

https://www.amazon.com/Orphan-Maste...ocphy=9003342&hvtargid=pla-437075107355&psc=1
I picked up The Whites at the library today. I feel like it’s jumping around with the characters a lot in the beginning and it’s hard to follow. I am sick and have a raging headache so it may just be that.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I drive from Kentucky to Louisiana every week. I do audiobooks on the long drives. I'm on the bean series of the Orson Scott Card Ender books "shadow of the hedgemon." Love me some sci-fi novels! Just completed the expanse series for the second time. (Again, LOTS of driving.)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I drive from Kentucky to Louisiana every week. I do audiobooks on the long drives. I'm on the bean series of the Orson Scott Card Ender books "shadow of the hedgemon." Love me some sci-fi novels! Just completed the expanse series for the second time. (Again, LOTS of driving.)
Finished up the Expanse and loved it. Made it to the longer Ender books and kind of fell off. The first Bean book was interesting, but that's as far as I made it on any of the offshoots.

Currently reading The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I just finished True Grit (Charles Portis)

If you liked the Coen Brothers version of the movie it rang V. true to the book. I liked both the book and the Coen brothers version

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Wife asked what I want for dinner

'Updog'

I can't believe she fell for it

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I've been reading Ben Coes' Dewey Andreas novels. I was never really much for fiction but I do like action/military based stories. They are page turners and help me escape when I'm on the road after a long days work.