GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Black Textured Mirror Caps on GTI

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
I didn't realize until searching just now how many were already running these. But anyway, here they are depicted on a RS 4dr for the record.

I much prefer them. :biggrin:

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
WOW 4 door rs is hott!

Haggisman14

Cram V
Car(s)
CW 2 Door
I'm thinking a spray-on truck bedliner might give that effect more so than plasti-dip. I've got a spare set of mirror covers that I was goign to use plasti dip for...but might try bedliner first.

Awesome!

Strmtrpr

Censored
I know its all in the sense of customizing I just think its funny how people want the opposite of what they have. If our mirrors came black the trend would be to paint them. Now I see a trend of people getting rid of the color on the mirrors.

Not knocking them, I actually like them....but it is just a observation :biggrin:

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Cool! Where'd ya get them from?
I got mine from oempl.us as well. Link

I was looking at those, how hard is the install? Looks like they just snap/stick on?
Install was easy as pie. It's similar to the turn signal DIY, but I didn't need to remove the mechanism. Didn't need the torx at all. I don't know if they changed the design, but all I did was lift the bottom up a little, move the outer clip, then work my fingers under the front lip to pry the cap away from the inner clip. I can do a pictoral journey if needed.

I know its all in the sense of customizing I just think its funny how people want the opposite of what they have. If our mirrors came black the trend would be to paint them. Now I see a trend of people getting rid of the color on the mirrors.

Not knocking them, I actually like them....but it is just a observation :biggrin:
lol You are a good observer. This fascinated me about my Mirage as well. The US guys wanted AUDM bumpers and the Aussie guys wanted USDM bumpers. We want what we can't/don't have. For me, I think the black just fits the "void" area of the windows better. I felt the same on my Mirage. People kept color matching their mirrors and B-pillars and I never cared for it.

Next I want to try and find a way to darken and texturize the blinkers so they blend in, but still work. Probably impossible, but we'll see.

ruffellprefley

get it?
Car(s)
08 GTI

that's exactly it. but then eventually it gets to the point where doing something "different" is in actuality doing something that everyone else is doing... online anyway. but in any given local area, these small customizations end up being totally unique because the vast majority of the same model car remains bone stock.

i like my black mirror caps more than i did my cw. i think it matches better, especially with tinted windows:thumbsup:

ruffellprefley

get it?
Car(s)
08 GTI
Next I want to try and find a way to darken and texturize the blinkers so they blend in, but still work. Probably impossible, but we'll see.

i have the in.pro blinkers and they are a GREAT combo with the black mirror caps. they're different than just smoking the lenses, because the plastic behind the (still) clear lens is black instead of whatever color it is stock.

if you wanted to, you could put a very light tint over in.pro blinkers and get a functional blacked out blinker.

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
I really want to try and match the texture too. I think maybe heating the lens a bit then stamping it with heavy sand paper. Then with spray tint or dye to darken back up. I'll pick up some stock blinkers and play with them before I consider doing it on in.pros.

They do look good on yours though, so I may just keep it simple.