GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Billet Aluminum "Raven" FSI Noise plug goup buy

agtiguy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 Gti
How good does this actually fit on a tsi. I am really interested, but hesitant. Anyone have one on there tsi????

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
Got mine last Friday, that extra stuff in there sweetened the deal. Thanks again Bret!:thumbsup:

porpoise hork

Ready to race!
Glad you guys are getting them in! and like the extra goodies I sent with it. :thumbsup:

How good does this actually fit on a tsi. I am really interested, but hesitant. Anyone have one on there tsi????

for the TSI you have one extra and reportedly aggrivating step before the plug can be installed.

On the TB/NP outlet there is a metal ring inside there. This needs to be removed. After reading up on it the best course of action is to get a couple Radiator Hose Pick tools

like this

http://www.amazon.com/8-Radiator-Hose-Pick-Tool/dp/B0035ZERD8

harbour freight sells the cheap.

You will use it to pull the metal ring out. you can ease the removal if you use a hair dryer a gel style ice pack. Fit the ice pack into the pipe and chill the ring down for a few minutes. Then using the hairdryer heat the outer side of the pipe to expand the plastic a little bit. Then using the tools pry the ring out.

be sure to wear gloves and thick padded sleaved shirt since many guys have mentioned busted knuckles when the ring pops out.

After that the plug slides right in and you can secure it as you would normally.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

chuckhammer

Car(s)
2008 GTI 6-Speed
Installed this a few days ago and I can definitely hear the reduction in engine noise inside the cabin. Not sure about the quicker throttle response but it certainly doesn't hurt. I'm under a Certified Used VW warranty for a while still so I left the noise pipe plumbing in place.

Thanks to Brett for toughing out the process of getting these out to us.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
All good so far. Had it in three days and also pushed the car on the motorway and the twisties and it's still in nice and tight.
Great product, the cabin is such a more plesant place to be now. When you step on it the noise comes back but when just cruzing, a dramatic loss of noise. + my bay looks so much neater. Nice one bret.

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
3 screws really hold this in...

4 screws actually, and while mine's only been in since Sunday, I've had no issues. Also upgraded my pump this week and had it reflashed to stage 2+ yesterday. Been driving it pretty hard, it's still nice and snug.

carsfeverguy

Go Kart Champion
Wanted to let people know this plug failed on me, and caused a boos leak.... I have pictures of how because of the heat and the screw pushing on the plastic wall deformed it, and caused a boost leak over time. I did my raven plug las summer, and it has failed, and I was carefully with the install... Disappointed to say the least...