GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BIG VW emblem

leo delarge

I stay high
how can i take that big ugly emblem off the front so i can paint it black.. any suggestions of methods??

Ironhorz

Autocross Champion
http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1060

Once you remove your grill just look at the back of the emblem you'll see some tabs. I belive you'll have to push the tabs in, towards the center of the emblem, twist it and it'll pop out. Just look at the back of the emblem and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Good Luck man. :thumbsup:

Ironhorz

Autocross Champion
leo delarge said:
im talking about the big volkswagen sign not the gti sign... theres a great picture of what im talking about here...http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3112 :)headbang: bad ass CW by the way)
leo delarge, read my earlier post. You have to remove the grille, as if you were going to remove the GTI emblem, in order to gain access to the rear of the VW emblem in order to remove it. Once you get the grille off just look at the back of the VW emblem and you'll see the tabs I wrote about earlier and you'll just push them towards the center of the emblem and twist it out of the grille. :thumbsup: Just look at it for a minute and you'll see how easy it is.

Good Luck with it... :thumbsup:

leo delarge

I stay high
sorry i thought you were talking about the GTI emblem.. thanks that helps a lot..cant wait to do it finally

Ironhorz

Autocross Champion
Not a problem dude... Hope that helps you out. :thumbsup:

SpdR

Panzerkampfwagen Owner
Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
a badgeless grill is also a solution...
unfortunately, i did'n find where to buy one :cry:
help...somebody!? :bow:

Attachments

• ug1.jpg
    ug1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,847

GTI2007

There isn't a badgeless grill that you can buy yet and I don't know if there ever will gonna be one. The guy from the GTI on that pic cleaned his grill by himself using a second grill as donor.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
GTI2007 said:
There isn't a badgeless grill that you can buy yet and I don't know if there ever will gonna be one. The guy from the GTI on that pic cleaned his grill by himself using a second grill as donor.
anyone have some information on this? I would love to know how to do this mod!!!

SpdR

Panzerkampfwagen Owner
Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
me too.... now i must get a new grill and work something out :)
it looks more agressive without that biiiiiig vw badge!!!

ZoomBy

Go Kart Champion
this is how i would do it

carefullt cut the badge circle out of the original grill, and i mean carefully, get it right at the edges, so you will now have a grill with a big open empty cirlce in the middle

now with your circle you cut out, put it on a portion of the new gril and trace the cirlce over a section, then carefully cut that section out

you now have a circle the same size of just honeycomb

glue the circle, or attach it how ever else you'd like to your original grill

bam, done

also, you might be able to alter the bottom portion of the grill to be used as a top portion.....

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
OK, I found the pics.:wink:

Attachments

• Szenetreffen_05_227.jpg
    Szenetreffen_05_227.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,310
  • Szenetreffen_05_228.jpg
    Szenetreffen_05_228.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,065