GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Chicago Area Dealer for Service

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
I hit up the thread regarding good dealerships in Chicagoland, however, I'm just looking for a good service department. I've got a couple items I want to have looked at under warranty (fuel line rattle is happening, my pass seat belt buckle rattles, my rear seat armrest doesn't fit into its position correctly and I want them to take a look at the DSG shifts). I bought my car at the downtown Chicago dealer, and the experience was great. But have been back to the service dept for the AC problem and it was a total disaster. Lets just say the AC wasn't fixed the first time and the car came back damaged, in 3 locations after 2 visits. Its very close to home (I can actually walk there) but I just don't trust them, especially the people running the cars in their lot/garage. I just don't think they're careful (scratched door, door ding, and stain on seat).

Please, if you've got a good service department, I'll drive 30-45 minutes to have a good experience.

I suppose beyond that, can anyone recommend a good VW mechanic in general? Like for oil changes and after-warranty type stuff? A good mechanic is worth gold if there's one around who knows his VWs. I just don't trust oil change places to no damage something.

Thank you!

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
I will probably give them a shot.

I've also heard Mount Pleasant? Though that is much further away.

I appreciate it!

Quicker10u

Pwned by P90x until....
Car(s)
06' GTI
Autobarn in Mount PROSPECT is good as well as Conrad at City VW. Just avoid Fox Valley in Schaumburg like the plague.

willsgti

Black Magic
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I work at Vw Orland Park over the summer. They are normally very friendly ask for neil as your advisor and tell him Will sent you!