GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Boost Gauge LED going out?

realslimnatey

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the AWE vent mounted boost gauge and just today while driving home from work, the back light went out. It was out for about 10 minutes and then magically came back on. Then on my way to the store it went out on me again for about 5 minutes and then came back on.

Do you think I have some kind of loose connection or short somewhere? I haven't done anything with the connections except for plug in a euro-switch last week. I was not the one to install the boost gauge so I'm not even sure where to look but I'm assuming it's rigged from the wires behind the headlight switch.

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Chances are, the power for your AWE gauge is tapped from the harness leading to your headlight switch. If you replaced your headlight switch with a euro switch, then you may have damaged the connections when playing around with that harness, assuming thats where your installer tapped power from.

Pull the switch out and check the connections. They may have used some shitty wiretaps when installing your gauge, instead of soldering.

plac

GTI Master
yup, if you used that scotch-brite press down connector it is prob loose now. never heard of a boost gauge led going in my life.

realslimnatey

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep! It was loose alright. It's got some press down connectors. Thanks for the help guys. I thought my car was going to burn or something. I've heard horror stories with the TT's and their headlight switches.