GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aux in to rcd510

Boosty

Ready to race!
Can anyone tell me if vag would be required to use this
ECS AUX IN

And this stereo
I've E-mailed double apex , and the rep told me some models of RCD will require vag com while some won't and it would just replace the Sat radio , just wondering if there is anyway to tell what model of RCD it is
Thanks in advance

inverse_square

Passed Driver's Ed
It will work, but the one you linked, is a revision "A", which means you will have the dreaded battery drain issue.
Best to go with a revision "E" or newer, so you don't have to change out your CANBUS, to alleviate it. The revision "E" and newer also have many more features, like built in SAT radio (will need an antenna extension, at the least), HD ready, and SD card slot. If you want to add BT, you'll need to buy a BT module, and harness. Just FYI.
If you have the Premium 7 already, and DO have an aux, you shouldn't need any VAGCOM coding.
However, it does not have built in BT, or SAT radio. it is a very old model. (look @ the product description on amazon=
"New and Unused Original Volkswagen CD MP3 Car Radio . Has no original box. Removed from the brand new Volkswagen Cars in China. DELPHI product.It may have little scratch on the side of the radio,but the front screen and the knobs are brand new and won't affect your use.
FM/AM Radio Tuner 18 station memory (12 FM, 6 AM). Without DAB, RDS and SAT System. THIS DEVICE'S RADIO TUNES IS AT EUROPEAN FREQUENCY STEPS. (AM IN 9KHZ STEPS, FM IN 0.1MHZ STEPS)
")

Make no mistake, the Double Apex kit(s) are very well made, and second to none in my book.

Since i'm new to the forums, PM me, and i'll send you a link to a very good vendor, with very reasonable prices, that knows his shit.
**I am NOT affiliated with said vendor, and not trying to sell anything, just trying to help**

LewisT

Boosty, did you even find out if the aux input worked? I bought the same cable myself and I'm wondering if it will work?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk