GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AST-5300

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
Probably why most factory adjustable ride height suspensions that I know of use bags (Touareg etc.). You can go up and down a bit with suspension without going that far off alignment.

Its easy enough to adjust coilovers manually and once you have corner balance dialed in there shouldn't be much need to mess around anymore, although it would be ultimately cool to sit on the scales and press a button to move any corner up or down. But its once and done, not sure why you'd want all the complication.

i was thinking of my idea as a sort of alternative to bags. so for the crowd that wants to slam it and then raise it enough to be able to drive around

wizzo

Ready to race!
I think RSPHIL with the race car uses those :D

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
It's a nice looking suspension but I would rather get the Cross competition coilovers. I think spending that much on suspension for a car like ours is kind of a waste. I guess not if you are doing one model races or a golf cup or something, but in general I would feel like an ass when someone passes me in a Miata when I have a $6000 coilover setup. I would rather have a Miata pass me with a $1,500 coilover setup and then I could blame it on the car more easily hehe.

I had to laugh for a good 10 min on that one! Or some $1k rusty beater E30 325i.

I think this setup is more for the serious racer though, but, yeah, keep those Miata's in your rearview!

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
You know it's the truth though and it's frustrating as hell when the dam Miata's show up to the track. Our only consolation would be if it rained hehehe

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
AST 5300 - 3-Way (True rear Coilover)

Volkswagen Golf V part# RAC-V1003S
MSRP = $6,499.00 :cry:

Nice setup but its price too high .

IMO go with a set of Proven if your gonna shell out that kind of dough

Ohlins or Motions and call it a day you wont find better damper than Ohlins IMO uless its custom built . Thats why you see them on most of the racing motorcycles suspensions .

Most companys make it a true coilover so its easier to tune the damper to the spring and you have unlimited spring options and quicker for adjustments. I ll bet the ride comfort would suffer ( true coilover in rear compaired to split damper/spring factory setup) . Bob.G

p.s. If your looking to spend between 4-5K on suspension contact Tom@H2sport they use Olhins at that level and can set you up :thumbsup:

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2005 S2000
If you look at many races from around the world you will see ASTs are a very proven shock. They are also now sponsors of the continetal tire challenge. They may not have as much brand equity as say moton, but their shocks have helped provide many people and teams good results.

Nice setup but its price too high .

IMO go with a set of Proven if your gonna shell out that kind of dough

Ohlins or Motions and call it a day you wont find better damper than Ohlins IMO uless its custom built . Thats why you see them on most of the racing motorcycles suspensions .

Most companys make it a true coilover so its easier to tune the damper to the spring and you have unlimited spring options and quicker for adjustments. I ll bet the ride comfort would suffer ( true coilover in rear compaired to split damper/spring factory setup) . Bob.G

p.s. If your looking to spend between 4-5K on suspension contact Tom@H2sport they use Olhins at that level and can set you up :thumbsup:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
6500 for coils ? Id rather make my gli faster.

Profoxcg

as opposed to a split set up?
this is interesting, because all you would need to do is find a shock that you can install a threaded sleve on.

Profoxcg

what springs do people pair to ohlins and such and only sell shocks.?
I think they would to go swift / eibach (grond control) or any other 2.5" spring?