GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr tune issue, want to go Unitronic, good idea?

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
I'm having that damn high rpm misfire issue since I went k04 apr. At one point i did think it was carbon build up. But that was not the case. I went through 3 intakes trying to resolve the issue and while I had one intake that barely had any issue it still did misfire specially when I did NOT need it too. This is a known issue and I am not putting my stock engine cover on and APR is not going to revise their tune.

So what do you guys think about uni? Will i be happy with it? Will It really adapt to 100oct when nessasary? Will it make less power then apr? Will it be fine with my HPA DSG tune? Any advise?

bill6211789

Ready to race!
I know of one person with a APR k04 tune and he has been going through hell with intakes

as for the UNI tune i cant say for the K04 tune but when i went from APR stge 2 to UNI stge 2 the power increases i felt were pretty impressive.

As for the 100 oct tune do u regularly run 100 oct? if your just looking for it for w/m W/M 93 oct UNI will adapt very well w/ there 93 oct tune w/ W/M

93 oct vs 93 oct UNI will make more power, APR is the most conservative tuner.

bill6211789

Ready to race!
Will it be fine with my HPA DSG tune?

The UNI tune will be fine w/ you HPA DSG tune also there located in different parts of the ecu

Sales@Unitronic.ca

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Here you go !

Last edited:

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
I would be surprised if switching your tune would solve your problem. I run Revo and have issues with my intake, when it's cold out I get no boost every now and then. So in order to fix the problem i'm going to take the old maf housing and splice it into the intake removing the section that the Maf sensor sits.

I'm not saying Uni is bad, from what I hear they are very good. I would however do a little more digging to make sure that move will 100% solve the issue. No point to pay $600+ to be right where your at now.

bill6211789

Ready to race!
I would be surprised if switching your tune would solve your problem. I run Revo and have issues with my intake, when it's cold out I get no boost every now and then. So in order to fix the problem i'm going to take the old maf housing and splice it into the intake removing the section that the Maf sensor sits.

I'm not saying Uni is bad, from what I hear they are very good. I would however do a little more digging to make sure that move will 100% solve the issue. No point to pay $600+ to be right where your at now.

i have no issues w/ uni stage 2 HPFP and my BSH intake in any weather