GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage I/ II Questions

SlickGTIMKv

United_Euros
Car(s)
2009 MKV GTI 6MT
Hey Gents, I have searched and searched multiple sites for a few specific questions. I was unable to find definative answers, however. Please forgive me for the hassle. I am ready for for my first mods... APR Chip, BB TBE, VFE CAI. I have an 09 CBF TSI. My first question is, do you recommend Stage II for a daily driver, non tracked, seldomly dragged car? Would Stage I suit my driving style better? If I do end up with Stage I, will the TBE throw a CEL? Also, can I run Stage I for a while without the CAI or TBE? When I do install the CAI and TBE, do I need to be reflashed specific to those mods? I truly appreciate your input. Thanks so much.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
You can run stage 1 without any mods. Once you go stage two, only thing you will need is a downpipe and you won't get a cel light if you get the test pipe file.

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Stage 1 performance software is a great daily driver mod that adds 50 HP to a completely stock GTI with no CEL or other issues.

When you are ready to add a Turbo back exhaust you can reflash to the Stage 2 performance software for an additional 20-25HP.

ninohale

Dub 2.0
Car(s)
'06 MKV BMP
I daily my car Stg 2 without any issues or complaints.... The power band on Stg 2 is quite different than Stg 1.....

Either are good but if your going to mod it you might as well go Stg 2.

Also, once your flashed you wont have a CEL for exhaust mods :)

SlickGTIMKv

United_Euros
Car(s)
2009 MKV GTI 6MT
If I do TBE on S1, I will get a CEL? Is there a test pipe profile for S1? I'd like to try and stay away from the slightly more aggressive S2 for reasons found on the forum other members have run into. IE, fuel cuts, misfires, etc.

hobbes

Ready to race!
There is no test pipe file for stage 1. And for a TSI like yours, you won't have any issues with fuel cuts. You should just go stage 2 since you're getting a TBE.

If you don't want to get stage 2, just stick with a CBE since you'll throw a CEL and waste money on a DP.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
There is no test pipe file for stage 1. And for a TSI like yours, you won't have any issues with fuel cuts. You should just go stage 2 since you're getting a TBE.

If you don't want to get stage 2, just stick with a CBE since you'll throw a CEL and waste money on a DP.

You can get the test pipe file for stage 1 from apr. Just have to ask for it. Just get stage 1 first and drive around a bit. Then decide if you still want the intake and tbe. Upgrade to stage 2 file is free.