GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 1 - Soundaktor delete!

damiennn

Ready to race!
Just dropped my baby off at Lux Motorwerks in Keyport, NJ, to have APR Stage 1 flashed onto her! Also, since they will be in the cowl for the ECU, I requested they disconect / remove the POS soundaktor.

Not sure if I'm more excited about the added power OR the fact that I'm actually gonna hear my motor for the first time. :)

Still a bit nervous about all the horror stories regarding failed water pumps, and fried ECUs, but F-it! Hoping for the best...

Next stop, VWR springs, spacers, UB brace, sways, dog bone mount, DG SS kit....

Eventually, M220 AG wheels, HPFP, intake, down pipe, exhaust, re-flash... Stage 2+ is the cut off.

Cant wait to get her back! :thumbup:

Last edited:

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Doing the exact same thing this Saturday up by me!

sent from mobile

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion

Keltacer

Passed Driver's Ed
Ha, I'm dropping my car off at Lux in the near future for the same thing. Did they charge you extra for the soundaktor delete? The shop is literally a mile from my house.

damiennn

Ready to race!
Ha, I'm dropping my car off at Lux in the near future for the same thing. Did they charge you extra for the soundaktor delete? The shop is literally a mile from my house.

Depends... If they flash through the port, then yes.
If they have to get to the ECU for the flash, then its only a 12-pack of whatever Steve (owner) drinks. :)

Also, I didn't specify a complete delete... Just said 'unplug that POS'. lol

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Depends... If they flash through the port, then yes.
If they have to get to the ECU for the flash, then its only a 12-pack of whatever Steve (owner) drinks. :)

Also, I didn't specify a complete delete... Just said 'unplug that POS'. lol

I too hope for the best for you, that they know what they are doing. But why don't you know how (the process) Port or ECU removal? you are dropping of a 35K car, I'd know.

Anyway really like the R, good luck.

damiennn

Ready to race!
Picked her up this AM! She feels great...
Less lag, and more of everything else!
stock, 91, 93, & valet (for when the wife drivers her, I guess).

Love it. Flashed through the port, but the tech did go into the cowl, to take out some stuff she never needed in the first place. :)

The sound she makes is soooo much better now. She does not sound 'rattly' anymore, and I can actually hear the turbo. Best $45 I ever spent! Good shit all around.

'Extra' parts below... lol :D

damiennn

Ready to race!
Nice day today... Decided to do the 1st wash / wax job to appease the VW Gods in lieu of the tune and hope for future trouble free operation.

Was buffing one spot for like 5 mins, thinking its wax residue, turned out it was a reflection from the sun. :p
She is CLEAN!

Leather / tire conditioning, cleaned the engine compartment, Rain Xd all the windows... took me like 4 hours.

My wife thinks I'm retarded... lol
Pride In Ownership, I say... :D

Few crappy iphone pics.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Glad all went well, let see some more pics when you a chance.

Ah and flashed thru the port, i think that is a much safer process, cracking the ECU has caused some problems that showed up later, water, stressed the case etc.

The R's are special. Enjoy

ocramida

Nice day today... Decided to do the 1st wash / wax job to appease the VW Gods in lieu of the tune and hope for future trouble free operation.

Was buffing one spot for like 5 mins, thinking its wax residue, turned out it was a reflection from the sun. :p
She is CLEAN!

Leather / tire conditioning, cleaned the engine compartment, Rain Xd all the windows... took me like 4 hours.

My wife thinks I'm retarded... lol
Pride In Ownership, I say... :D

Few crappy iphone pics.

Nice, hope my csg looks that good when I do the exterior next week. This week i cleaned and waxed the wheels and swapped out winter then gave the interior a vacuum and wipe down. Will do leather one night this week and then claybar and wax next weekend.

Btw i think most spouses think we're a bit looney about our cars. :D