GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Approaching 60k....what maintenance should I be considering?

L26_BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,

Car is 2016 GTI S DSG, I'm @ 58,xxx getting close to 60k this year. Owned the car since 25k, oil changes every 5k. Did the DSG service and brake fluid flush @40k, plugs and front rotors+pads @50k, and now I'm here.

What else should I be thinking about for a happy car? My driving is 99% easy commuting at 65 mph, trying to make this GTI last for a good long while. Good time for the belt?
What about an alignment?

Also, I'm running a 034 doggone insert...are there any other options that would have a little less NVH? Getting off the line in 1st gear I get this annoying little shudder.

PS only mods are the APR TCU tune, stock ECU if that matters.

Thanks, Trevor

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Hey everyone,

Car is 2016 GTI S DSG, I'm @ 58,xxx getting close to 60k this year. Owned the car since 25k, oil changes every 5k. Did the DSG service and brake fluid flush @40k, plugs and front rotors+pads @50k, and now I'm here.

What else should I be thinking about for a happy car? My driving is 99% easy commuting at 65 mph, trying to make this GTI last for a good long while. Good time for the belt?
What about an alignment?

Also, I'm running a 034 doggone insert...are there any other options that would have a little less NVH? Getting off the line in 1st gear I get this annoying little shudder.

Thanks, Trevor

Check this

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Fuel filter, air filter and whatever else the manual states. On my '09 I also replaced all the coil packs, but that was more due to age than mileage. The car was almost 7 years (60K miles) old when I replaced all coil packs. I don't put more than 7.5K miles per year on my cars.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,

What about an alignment?

Thanks, Trevor

Do you have the Owner's Manual (OM), ? It shows all required maintenance based on mileage and time. If you don't have one I'd recommend getting one specifically for your year and model car. It has a lot of useful info. in it. You can buy one from the dealer or often a used one online.