GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone tried this new Forge IC?

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
So I've already installed my TBE and HPFP, and I'm on stage 2+ since 2 months ago just haven't updated my build thread yet, waiting to do it after the IC. Car runs well, excellent logs, from 60 to 130 I've gained about 2 cars compared to stage 1 but I can't run aggressive settings on the stock IC. Right now I'm at 350 hp. With considerably more timing and boost I'm expecting 370 and I'll finish the project at 400, with few more bits on it.

While doing a little research on other units such as the APR, I came across the one on the left, which is considerably wider than APR's, and a little shorter and thinner like almost 2.5 inches wider and maybe half an inch shorter and a 1/4 inch thinner. I haven't found any reviews, probably because it was released recently. It can be used alone (since it's a factory replacement unit) or together with the well known twintercooler which is on the right on that page.

So anyone tried the big one? It's a direct fit btw, just like the APR unit. I'm debating between these two, if it isn't obvious. But I'm really interested in the forge unit if it works well, because it's a lot easier for me to order, let alone being much cheaper. Just need some feedback please. Thank you.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
If you are spending that much coin on a FMIC just get the IE one.

fastwire

Ready to race!
whats the best bang for the buck that works?

s3 ic?

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
S3 IC may be better than OEM and pretty good for K03 or a lightly tuned K04 but is still major bottleneck for the kind of power I'm looking for; you won't find any S3 car keeping it either. Anyway I found out the Forge order is gonna take at least a month and there's no way I'm gonna wait this long.. shame cause I really liked it. So now that's out of the picture I'm leaning towards dropping the extra bucks on the APR unit, which is supposed to take 1 working day since I can purchase it off an APR dealer right about 15 minutes from my place. And here I thought it would take more than Forge, but apparently they have units in stock, at least yesterday afternoon they did. Only downside is that it costs about €300 more than Forge.

EJ takes forever for some reason, had to cancel my TBE order because of that (if you read my build thread I placed an order in May) I dunno whose fault it was since I had to order it off a local dealer, so others may have no problems at all I dunno, but don't care either since I ended up putting together a pretty good quality 3" custom TBE with a 600 hp rated 200 cell HJS cat that I'm very happy with, sounds tits too. Got pics, vids and everything, I'll update my build thread once the IC is installed.

As for IE, checked it out, looks solid, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna cost me more or less like APR and I dunno how long I'm gonna have to wait. I took the weekend to let it sink in, but I'm leaning towards APR.

Thanks for your answers I take it nobody has used that Forge IC, of course it won't matter anymore.