GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody know how to remove the exterior door handle?

Stevanus.D

Ready to race!
i am wrapping my car asap..but ive been getting trouble with the door handle cant remove and reinstall it..anybody got a tutorial for it...video prefered...got something from workshop manuals but not helping at all..still confused...thanks

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Why do you need the handles removed? No one has removed them thus far for any purpose. And if you are wrapping it, the shop doing the work should know this... if not, go to a better shop.

ChrisChen1990

Ready to race!
i am wrapping my car asap..but ive been getting trouble with the door handle cant remove and reinstall it..anybody got a tutorial for it...video prefered...got something from workshop manuals but not helping at all..still confused...thanks

I've tried to remove the door handle couple times regarding the same situation.
First step, remove the lock caps of doors, just as the same way you want to open the door manually.
Second, open the door, you will notice that there is a rubber cap on the side of the door, remove it, then use a T20 torx to remove the screw inside it. (You might want a flightlight to locate the screw, just take it easy, it is gonna spend you so much patient.):word:
Third, slide out the lock.
Finally, slide the door handle from the front of the car towards to the rear, Bingo, the door handle will off. :thumbup::thumbup:

PS: if you need vision help, I can perform it tomorrow and send the pictures to the forum.

ChrisChen1990

Ready to race!
Why do you need the handles removed? No one has removed them thus far for any purpose. And if you are wrapping it, the shop doing the work should know this... if not, go to a better shop.

Maybe he is going to wrap the car by himself. Support DIY.

Stevanus.D

Ready to race!
DIY bro... unfortunately i dont have >500$ for wrap i got bills to pay...i am doing it myself for less than 100..so why bother to go to the shop

Maybe he is going to wrap the car by himself. Support DIY.
:w00t:

I've tried to remove the door handle couple times regarding the same situation.
First step, remove the lock caps of doors, just as the same way you want to open the door manually.
Second, open the door, you will notice that there is a rubber cap on the side of the door, remove it, then use a T20 torx to remove the screw inside it. (You might want a flightlight to locate the screw, just take it easy, it is gonna spend you so much patient.):word:
Third, slide out the lock.
Finally, slide the door handle from the front of the car towards to the rear, Bingo, the door handle will off. :thumbup::thumbup:

PS: if you need vision help, I can perform it tomorrow and send the pictures to the forum.
Pleasseeee!... this will helpppp soo muchhh! :w00t::) and if you will, please show me how to reinstall it...so muchhh thankss!!

ChrisChen1990

Ready to race!
Outside Door handle Removal

Tools that you will need
1, T20 Torx Screw Driver
2, Trim Tool
3, Flashlight
photo 21.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Use a trim tool stick in the hold of the lock cap, boom:happyanim:, the cap will be off.
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

Second, open the door, you will notice that there is a rubber cap on the side of the door, remove it, then use the T20 torx screwdriver to unscrew the screw
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG
photo 6.JPG
photo 7.JPG
The screw looks like this
photo 9.JPG

Third, remove the black sticker next to the rubber cap, you will see there is another t20 screw inside the hole, unscrew it. Use a flashlight to locate the screw.
photo 11.JPG
photo 12.JPG
photo 13.JPG
photo 14.JPG

Forth, just pull the lock out.
photo 15.JPG
photo 16.JPG

Fifth, grab the door handle, pull it from the front of car towards to the rear, "POP", :thumbup:, the handle just came off.
photo 17.JPG
photo 18.JPG
photo 19.JPG
photo 20.JPG

Attachments

• photo 8.JPG
    photo 8.JPG
    370.3 KB · Views: 561
  • photo 10.JPG
    photo 10.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 571

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion

What color?

Stevanus.D

Ready to race!
Tools that you will need
1, T20 Torx Screw Driver
2, Trim Tool
3, Flashlight
View attachment 35827

View attachment 35807

Use a trim tool stick in the hold of the lock cap, boom:happyanim:, the cap will be off.
View attachment 35808
View attachment 35809

Second, open the door, you will notice that there is a rubber cap on the side of the door, remove it, then use the T20 torx screwdriver to unscrew the screw
View attachment 35810
View attachment 35811
View attachment 35812
View attachment 35813
The screw looks like this
View attachment 35815

Third, remove the black sticker next to the rubber cap, you will see there is another t20 screw inside the hole, unscrew it. Use a flashlight to locate the screw.
View attachment 35817
View attachment 35818
View attachment 35819
View attachment 35820

Forth, just pull the lock out.
View attachment 35821
View attachment 35822

Fifth, grab the door handle, pull it from the front of car towards to the rear, "POP", :thumbup:, the handle just came off.
View attachment 35823
View attachment 35824
View attachment 35825
View attachment 35826
Thanks so much could you show me how to reinstall it please

What color?
Secret hahaha

ChrisChen1990

Ready to race!
Thanks so much could you show me how to reinstall it please

Secret hahaha

Reinstallation is just the reverse step as removal. But first of all you have to put the handle back and then stick in the lock, and tighten up all the screws.

ChrisChen1990

Ready to race!
actually chris i have question for the rear door...where is the lock screw located? thanksss somuchh!

Sorry, man, I own a two door CW GTI. Can you provide some rear door pictures to me?

kongzhai84

Passed Driver's Ed
I also try to assessment on passenger side. Not idea how to remove the handle.

Hi chrischen1990 can u assess ur 2dr passeger side. I believe it was same as 4dr rear passenger side.

Tks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

ChrisChen1990

Ready to race!
I also try to assessment on passenger side. Not idea how to remove the handle.

Hi chrischen1990 can u assess ur 2dr passeger side. I believe it was same as 4dr rear passenger side.

Tks

The driver side door, there is a square hole underneath the lock cap, I know there is not on the passenger side. You can try using a interior trim removal tool or you can use a flat head screw driver to pop it out. It is very easy, don't have to worry about breaking it.

kongzhai84

Passed Driver's Ed
The driver side door, there is a square hole underneath the lock cap, I know there is not on the passenger side. You can try using a interior trim removal tool or you can use a flat head screw driver to pop it out. It is very easy, don't have to worry about breaking it.

Hi chris,

Thanks for the advise will try again during the weekend. Cheersss...

kongzhai84

Passed Driver's Ed
Have tried it last week but fail to remove. Hope there is someone manage to remove it with some pictures tutorial for the guidance.

appreciate and thanks.