GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

any one running 0w30 oil??

speedlimit256k

Michael Schumacher
when i changed my oil at 5k miles i switched to Mobil 1 0-30 synthetic. anyone else?

Neon Guy

Tin Can Racer
Car(s)
1998 SPEC Neon
I'm running Mobil 1 0-40 in my wifes GTI.

We switched at 3K miles... and now is due for another since she just cleared 6K miles.

Won't run anything but Mobil 1.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
I'm running Mobil 1 0-40 in my wifes GTI.

We switched at 3K miles... and now is due for another since she just cleared 6K miles.

Won't run anything but Mobil 1.

word, im currently running motul, before that i ran Mobil because it was the closest accesible oil. night and day between the two, def. felt better with mobil1.

alf

speedlimit256k

Michael Schumacher
ive actually always used castrol syntec but they didnt have it in 0-30 here, so i switched over to the dark side:evil: :burnrubber:

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
when i changed my oil at 5k miles i switched to Mobil 1 0-30 synthetic. anyone else?

My first question is why 0-30, and my second question is why would you use an oil that VOIDS you warranty

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_0W-30.aspx
Mobil 1 0W-30 meets key builder specifications:
GM 6094M,
GM 4718M (Corvette spec)
Ford WSS-M2C929-A
ILSAC GF-4
API SM/CF
ACEA A1/B1

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_0W-40.aspx
Mobil 1 0W-40 meets key industry and car builder specifications for:
Mercedes MB 229.5
BMW Longlife 01
Porsche Approval List 2002
VW 502.00/505.00/503.01
GM-LL-A-025 (gasoline)
GM-LL-B-025 (diesel)
ACEA A3, B3/B4
API SM/CF

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
My first question is why 0-30, and my second question is why would you use an oil that VOIDS you warranty
geez man, because the dealership gets all titties about what oil you are using. its all the same color after 5k miles. a tech isnt going to look at dirty oil and be like, "EEE-GADS MATE, THIS IS 0w-30!! ZOMG!!"

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
geez man, because the dealership gets all titties about what oil you are using. its all the same color after 5k miles. a tech isnt going to look at dirty oil and be like, "EEE-GADS MATE, THIS IS 0w-30!! ZOMG!!"
A new GTI while not a large investment to some it is to most and worth protecting, and yes with a few simple tests can tell the type and viscosity of the oil used protecting the motor.

While I am not privy to engineering specifications for VW’s rational for their 502.00, 505.00, and 503.01 oil requirements I have to trust that they know just a little more then you do. :evil:

While I have a very nice 6 figure salary and could afford to replace my GTI power plant why should I if I have a factory warranty that will replace it for me, within limitations of course.

EOD_ron

Wanting to drive again
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI
A new GTI while not a large investment to some it is to most and worth protecting, and yes with a few simple tests can tell the type and viscosity of the oil used protecting the motor.

While I am not privy to engineering specifications for VW’s rational for their 502.00, 505.00, and 503.01 oil requirements I have to trust that they know just a little more then you do. :evil:

While I have a very nice 6 figure salary and could afford to replace my GTI power plant why should I if I have a factory warranty that will replace it for me, within limitations of course.

Shit!...6 figures.....hell I'm in the Army and I live off pb&j's and ramens. Must be nice......must be nice.:drool:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI

REALLY, and i mean REALLY shows no relevance to this thread. i can say my dick is bigger than yours in this thread, but nobody would probably give a shit about that either because it has NOTHING to do with this thread. sorry i exploded just reminds me of the evoms vs neuspeed intake, some guy was like "i work 2 jobs, but yea evoms is better". and i jsut kept thinking to myself, wtf does that have to do with this thread... anyway.

i was just saying that they wouldnt know the difference to void warranties if they just did regular oil changes chum. i never said i used non-vw approved oil, nor was i knocking on you. i was just trying to have a little laugh.