GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any DIY writeups for turbo removal?

Stanger in a GTI

Ready to race!
I'm wondering if anyone has done a writeup for turbo removal? Maybe some K04 instructions I haven't seen? Thanks

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Tsi or FSi? Tsi comes out through the top. Unbolt the stuff you can see and undo the coolant and oil lines and it slides out through the top. Warranty pays little over 2 hours for a turbo replacement. It only takes about that long anyway.

mkhighfive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
gti mkv
Tsi does not come out from the top. Remove your passenger side axle and unbolt from the manifold. Disconnect all lines and it comes out from the bottom. Ill post more details in a little bit I just did mine and put a ko4 in

Tsi does not come out from the top. Remove your passenger side axle and unbolt from the manifold. Disconnect all lines and it comes out from the bottom. Ill post more details in a little bit I just did mine and put a ko4 in

Its easier to come out on top without unbolting you axle...for the fsi this is how you do it(coming out on the bottom)....

i think nitroscope would know how to do it best imo.

269horsesuv

Ready to race!
In my TSI A3 the stock turbo was removed from the TOP and the K04 was installed from the top. It took only a few hours to the guy who did it.

269horsesuv

Ready to race!

see this pic...i think it is coming out from the top...

Attachments

• turbo upgrade a3 018.jpg
    turbo upgrade a3 018.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 5,158

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI