GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I too old for a GTI?

Xasis

Passed Driver's Ed
Bouston said:
Right now I'm trying to decide on my next vehicle. I'm 28 years old, and I've never owned a VW or shall I say a GTI before. I've always been into modding cars. I was wondering what age group does this car really appeal to. The other car I've been looking at is a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230. On one hand there's the fun & fast GTI and on the other there's the more sophisticated Benz. Should I nourish my "FAST" or move on to something more "adult" like?

Just go for it! :evil:

DTMDoc

Ready to race!
well heck i must be an old fart. i just turned 34 but i am sweatin a GTI somethin fierce. ;)

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
28 and you're asking if you're too old? My man, the only thing you're too old for is Teletubbies, baby food, and diapers.

Well, you're too old for diapers and you're too young for diapers. Either one.

MRSiGTi

Go Kart Champion
Turning 52 on Saturday. Age means nothing, its all in the head. Getting ready to autocross the GTI. This car is just too much fun to even think about being or getting old.

miatamat

Ready to race!
35, two kids (lots o room in th back of the GTI). My wife has the C320 Wagon for hauling stuff from the garden center and I have a highly modified (240hp at the wheels) mazda miata for those days when it takes my fancy. I bought the GTI as my daily commuter to relace the Miata. I don't think there is any right or wrong age but I will say that the North American commercials seem to be aimed at 18-25 year old males??? I hope this doesn't sterotype the car like Honda has with the civic.

dopalacz

Passed Driver's Ed
GOLF GTI VS MERCEDES

HELLO FROM POLAND !!

I GUES THE BEST WAY TO FIND OUT IS GOING FOR TEST DRIVE , Y'LL LOVE GOLF !! I HAD A FREIND WHO HAD MK5 GTI AND HE JUST SOLD IT . HE BOUGHT MERCEDES C 320 AND HE IS HAPPY ABOUT THAT, BUT IF I WERE HIM I WOULD NEVER DO THAT ( I'M WAITING FOR MINE BLACK MAGIC DSG NOW :D ) . I FIRST SAW V GENERATION GTI WHEN HE BOUGHT IT , I GOT SO INSPIRED ( WITH IT AND DSG GEARBOX ) THAT WHEN I FINNALY COLLECTED THE MONEY I CANT STAND THAT I HAVE TO WAIT 1,5 MONTH MORE FOR MINE ... BUT BELEVE ME , IT'S WORTH THAT . MERCEDES IS NOT AS FAN TO DRIVE AS GOLF BUT IT IS MORE LUXURY
THE CHOICE IS UP TO YOU :D
GOOD LUCK !!

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
the benz if for real old farts and geeks. Im 42 and love my GTI and Im NOT OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!your a frinkin puppydog. Wait till yer 50 or 60 to get a boring little benz.

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
34 here, and love my GTI FAST. Don't go by the number of your age...go by how old you FEEL. I know guys in their 20's that act like grandpa, and I know old farts that are more youthful than I was back in college! If you feel like you should driving a more mature car, then please do so. If you still feel young at heart and like vigorous driving, then yes...keep driving the GTI !!!

jabtsi

Ready to race!

mach5

you are next
I'm 28.

Look like I'm 17 or something (still get carded for cigs all the time, even R rated movies) and I act like I'm 8....depends on the situation though.

Go for it! You're only as old as you feel, act, etc.

Car(s)
2008 GTI 6MT
fuck the c230 that thing is slow as balls, get a 3 series, its luxury and way nicer than a c230. that is if you want an adult car, otherwise im 19 here GTI owner, and i have never had this much fun driving.:biggrin:

easyman

Ready to race!
ditto for the 3er... although I am looking into a gti when I grad. Mommy won't be paying for this one :(

I checked it out at the car show and it has all I would want at this price point.