GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Almost forgot about this run 06 MKV vs 07 Si (vid)

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Eh. The '12 Si doesn't look ALL that bad in coupe form. It grew on me a little bit, but I still prefer the 8G. The integrated exhaust manifold isn't all that bad, but the traditional header will most likely make slightly more power. I have the integrated manifold on my car where the primary cats are right at the head port. Deleting these cats is a great mod and yields great gains so don't discourage it just yet. Oh, and there is a company that is supposedly coming out with an ECU for the 9G :wink:

The 9G has a much lower redline at 7K I believe. I've never driven one, but it seems to take away the fun factor from the 8G. Not that torque isn't fun, but when you have a history of revving to 8500RPM, it's hard to go back.

My taste in Civics has changed since the 9G came out. I preferred the 8G sedan but didn't like the coupe's styling. Now with the 9G I hate what they did with the sedan but think the new coupe is a big improvement over the last one, styling-wise.

I'd love to drive one even if I don't want to own one. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the 9Gs once the aftermarket starts figuring out what to do with them. I'm guessing that once clever tuners overcome a few hurdles they'll make better power NA than the 8G did. I bet they'll find another 500-1,000 rpm and that extra .4L will make a nice difference.

Sar08

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI (DSG)
Nice run man!! That street is awesome to race on!

MYGTI07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
Poor civics always getting spanked, even by family sedans. What wheels you have slim2002?