GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Whoosing sound (sorry I know it’s vague)

RedRocket1009

Car(s)
Golf MKV GTI 09
I bought a mkv gti in June and I never heard this sound before until recently. About a week ago I installed a boost gauge (just for fun) with required me to take apart the center console, when testing the gauge with everything off I heard this sound that sounds like air flowing in the cabin and I could feel cold air on my ankle. I’m sorry I couldn’t get a video that really captured the sound, but I was just wondering if anyway knows anywhere I can look to try and diagnose this or is it not even a problem.

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
With the addition of your boost gauge, the only charged line entering the cabin is the line for the gauge itself. Check it for tears or holes as those will create a boost leak and could explain the condition you described.

RedRocket1009

Car(s)
Golf MKV GTI 09
With the addition of your boost gauge, the only charged line entering the cabin is the line for the gauge itself. Check it for tears or holes as those will create a boost leak and could explain the condition you described.
I’m getting like tops 10 psi on boost than it drops instantly, is there fairly common sports for leaks I can look for?

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Did the problem start after you installed the gauge? Check your tap, the line, and connection at the gauge itself. Your fittings need to be tight to the point that they can withstand 10-25 psi (high end if you're tuned). These cars usually peak at 10-12 psi stock, then slowly drop off after peak boost is reached while you accelerate.

If you can't find it, take the car into a shop for a smoke test.