GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Achermanns' Build

xXANCHORMONXx

Banned
Car(s)
2003 EVO GSR
Alittle background first, started loving cars when I got my first hotwheels car (I have a few thousand), while my friends read game informer I have only been a subscriber to R&T, C&D, and Motortrend since 2002-3.
Started highschool wanting to go into the mechanic program, auto1-4 was cake, but the low salary killed it....
Played football for 4 years got a few partial scholarships, lost love for the game and decided to grow up..
(Currently at San Jose State University enrolled in the Aviation Program..)

So it started off in the summer of 2008, I was looking for a 90's iroc camaro..
My parents shot that down pretty quick so basically it had to be a 4 door and under 30k, I first wanted the GLI but I didn't like the blind spots due to a high trunk...
The r32 caught my eye but the 40k price didn't (Dealer Markup).

After two days of waiting I got a brand new 4 door ug, the only options I wanted was the sunroof and dsg just because I was only 16 at the time and I just got my license..

all stock

I added these tails, now looking back, they were gay, but someone did the favor of smashing them for me:thumbsup:

I then got the oem tails tinted and 5% tint

Unfortunately at this time I really wanted the 370z, I test drove it and had the deal ready to go, as well as trading in the gti :/ So mods were on hold for a long time, after my dad talking sense into me I decided that the GTI had a long way to go..

So first thing was wheels and suspension Tenzo Tenspec 19" with Fk452s and H&R supersports..

After that I decided to do the boost plug, well I really didn't know what I was doing and I ended up driving the car around for half a day with no boost...

Did the fender screw mod, notice the front tint is gone, got pulled over by a sheriff and a trainee about a week later...

Next major thing was power! So I went with Stage 2!

lol at the billyboat dp and the inside out boxing...

I wanted to do this myself, I ended up getting tons of help from my uncle who has every tool on the planet..

I'm claustrophobic

Highlight of the day, having the entire stud come out, and it was the one in the most awkward position..

Everything worked out, no cutting, and no leaks

After a test drive my uncle noticed grease flinging up everywhere, ripped cv boot...Warranty covered it!

Having all of this power was basically crap without better braking, I turned to Hawk HPS pads and so did hell begin..

So we didn't know that the piston had to spin in order to be compressed so after 30 bucks of broken kragen tools, a call to vw telling me that by caliper was damaged, we found a local mom and pop shop that had a brake tool, took an hour with the special tool to do 3 corners compared to 3 hours with shit tools..

Braking is pretty good now, but i have some future plans..

Later that night we did a 3 stage Menzerna wax

The paint is smoother than a babies ass now:thumbsup:

Since then not too much has changed, I have basically been stocking up on parts to keep me busy during my Christmas break...

I have votex skirts and a lip that need to be painted..
and a r32 rear ready to go..

So whats next? Well on Thursday my r32 style exhaust is coming in.
In two weeks I have some silverlines coming in as well as staggered miro lm's!

As for the Future?
Adams Rotors
AEM Intake
Autotech HPFP

Then I can start saving for that R20 :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC00437.jpg
    DSC00437.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,451
Last edited:

xXANCHORMONXx

Banned
Car(s)
2003 EVO GSR
Just installed my R setup
Started off with a Eurojet r32 style exhaust

Stripped it down

And all done, its sounds great doesn't even sound like a 4 cylinder, also the eurojet stuff is top quality!

Sourkraut

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Wow we're special what was your method to put it back?

I just put the downpipe on using the 3 other studs and then put that one in after and tightened it down. I dont see it causing any issues... There's no way i could get that bolt off without damaging the threads.

what'd you do?

xXANCHORMONXx

Banned
Car(s)
2003 EVO GSR
Well I soaked it in on blaster with no luck so I just put it in until the stud came out ok the turbos flange, and I used a mirror to judge how far the it was in compared to the other 3 bolts, I haven't had any problems, I just checked it yesterday too looks fine, weird how that happens tho..

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
loving the rear. come to the meet, i wanna hear it in person. where is bayson motorsport? i'm thinking about getting a votex lip

xXANCHORMONXx

Banned
Car(s)
2003 EVO GSR
how is the fitment for that baysonR replica lip? I've seen and heard some bad things.

loving the rear. come to the meet, i wanna hear it in person. where is bayson motorsport? i'm thinking about getting a votex lip

It's actually sitting in my garage still I need to find a place that can do the paint for less than 300 @supaflip do you know anyone I remember last time at the meet one of the guys Josh I think had a place that could do it let me know
I'm gonna come out soon probably first one of the new year..

But anyway I will post fitment once I get it painted and all that, and bayson r motorsports is in san jose haha

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
It's actually sitting in my garage still I need to find a place that can do the paint for less than 300 @supaflip do you know anyone I remember last time at the meet one of the guys Josh I think had a place that could do it let me know
I'm gonna come out soon probably first one of the new year..

But anyway I will post fitment once I get it painted and all that, and bayson r motorsports is in san jose haha

yeah josh got his votex lip painted for 200$.
but try this place http://www.palmavemotors.com/. it's in san mateo alot closer to you. they do insurance work but if u talk to jeff he'll give u a deal. last time i talked to him he gave me a $400 deal to get all the lowers painted (rear, sideskirts, and front lip). i didn't have fund back then coz i just got tuned. tell him daine referred you.