GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acceleration cutout

Tricky

Autocross Newbie
Sorry if this has been answered before but I can't find anything.

Over the weekend, driving in 100 degree weather, my (stock/OEM, 2006.5 GTI) car would shortly cut acceleration around 2000 - 2500 rpm for like a second, then continue on. It did it 3 or 4 times. Mainly in 1st, sometimes in 2nd, but always around the 2000 - 2500 rpm range. I parked the car for a little bit and it has not happened since but I'm still worried that it'll come back. Any ideas what it could be?

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
Could be a variety of things.

1) Cam follower wear
2) Fuel Cuts
3) Heat Soak
4) Something that i haven't thought of but those are the main 3 I would check out.

vnkn23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Hey there, what is your mods? are you stage 2? if you are stage 1 i would try and check the Cam Follower, was told that it will produce fuel cuts if its wearing out. Good Luck.

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
Hey there, what is your mods? are you stage 2? if you are stage 1 i would try and check the Cam Follower, was told that it will produce fuel cuts if its wearing out. Good Luck.

He said his car was stock in the OP

jpsutich

New 09 GTI Mark V. Similar issue. Not sure if this has been addressed else where on forum (if yes please direct me there).
When accelerating (automatic trans) around 2000-2500 rpm (1st gear/2nd gear) there is a slight hesitation before kicking in. Spoke to VW service and they told me that it has something to do with the "drive by wire" system.
Is this normal? Is it a known issue? I plan on bringing it in for service but thought it would be good to have some history or info before going in.
Thanks.