GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

205/40/18 or 215/40/18 on a 18x10?

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
Here is a mild and rarely seen amount of "stretch" on a 10" 245/35 falken. I matched the radius to the 9" front 225/35. The angle and size was also chosen to match body lines and give grip to the 350+ hp I am shooting for.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,798

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
If you look on Tyrestretch.com and look at 215/40/18 10" those are my wheels with Yoko s-drives to get an idea of how they look (the yokos)

Yeah, I know those ones are yours, that's how I figured i'd run 205/40/18 and 215/40/18, haha.

Now question for you. Can you lay frame with your setup?

My fronts are 18x9ET38, 18x10ET40. Goign to pull the rear fenders to tuck the 10. Now for the Fronts, I sit 6MM further inwards than you. I should have enough strut clearance, if not, I guess i'll pick up a set of 5MM Spacers.

How much strut clearance do you have? I also have Airlift Slam XLs.

yea my oz's are 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 et32

Ahh. So assuming you pulled 1.25 and 1.75...

I wonder if I can get away without front fender modification and lay frame? Or is that something that's just not going to happen?

As for the Rears, assuming that i'm not as wide as you, .5 less to be exact, I would guess somewhere around 1.25 to 1.50 would be a perfect pull to tuck 10s on an ET40?

InfraRed

Driving on the wrong side
Car(s)
91 R32 Skyline GTS-T
if you're doing body work already..just pull them to tuck the 10 with the 215 on it if you feel more comfortable with that.

also, if you're concerned about laying frame with the front wheel specs, put a 35 series up front to put the car lower. You should be able to touch the subframe bolts with a 35. You'll also have enough strut clearance so spacers won't be necessary.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Oh damn. But that's because of the bodywork right? Obviously and the tire combo. You think it's possible to lay with the stock rolled fenders and a 205/40?

InfraRed

Driving on the wrong side
Car(s)
91 R32 Skyline GTS-T
So you'd recommend I dont even run a 40 series?

Just 215/35?

I never actually even thought of that to be honest.

Up front I would, out back I'd stick with the 40 so the stretch isn't as extreme. it really all depends on your preference.

It's also hard to guess without testing the wheel. It's going to poke 3mm more up front than my Alphards did. I ran a 35 series up front and it fit perfect. Hit the ground without any obstruction with the wheel / tire / fender

fuzzymk5

its a beater
Car(s)
06 cw gti
i would get the wheels on the car and the air installed before you start any body work to see if they are going to fit the way you want

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
Yeah, I know those ones are yours, that's how I figured i'd run 205/40/18 and 215/40/18, haha.

Now question for you. Can you lay frame with your setup?

My fronts are 18x9ET38, 18x10ET40. Goign to pull the rear fenders to tuck the 10. Now for the Fronts, I sit 6MM further inwards than you. I should have enough strut clearance, if not, I guess i'll pick up a set of 5MM Spacers.

How much strut clearance do you have? I also have Airlift Slam XLs.

Ahh. So assuming you pulled 1.25 and 1.75...

I wonder if I can get away without front fender modification and lay frame? Or is that something that's just not going to happen?

As for the Rears, assuming that i'm not as wide as you, .5 less to be exact, I would guess somewhere around 1.25 to 1.50 would be a perfect pull to tuck 10s on an ET40?

Your estimates on fender pull is nearly exact to what I am doing. Spot on practically...

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Up front I would, out back I'd stick with the 40 so the stretch isn't as extreme. it really all depends on your preference.

It's also hard to guess without testing the wheel. It's going to poke 3mm more up front than my Alphards did. I ran a 35 series up front and it fit perfect. Hit the ground without any obstruction with the wheel / tire / fender

That's a really good point. Probably just going to mount it first. I really don't want to do any arch work to the front fenders. I don't mind the rears, but the fronts I would like to leave that and not change it, lol.

So 215/35/18 is what you ran on your Alphards...18x8.5 ET35, so like you said mine poke 3mm more than yours, and you would lay subframe without any problem at all.

I guess i'll have to the try the 205/40/18s first, and see if it can be done. If so, then I get to save some money on another pair of tires! :biggrin:

If I have to buy another pair, tha'ts like 10 tires in 1 year! :frown:

i would get the wheels on the car and the air installed before you start any body work to see if they are going to fit the way you want

+1. I think im going to do that. When the 18x10s get in here, going to slap them on and see what I can do with it and then go from how much I need to pull adn what not and what not.

Your estimates on fender pull is nearly exact to what I am doing. Spot on practically...

Haha. Well I'm trying to stay away from pulling the fronts possible. Maybe just the rears, but I'm not sure if that would look unever just to pull the rears, and love the fronts rolled and pulled every so slightly?