GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022+ 8Y RS3 brake ducts

scrllock

Autocross Champion
PSA: Looks like the 8Y RS3 ducts were updated to be a bit more aggressive. thanks @StorableComa for confirming the p/n

1694288238725.png

Part numbers are very similar to before:

8V0407812A​

8V0407811A​

$16 per side on e-acca, save yourself some cash.

Last edited:

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
Well...one more mod from this year I get to "re-mod" or level up... 😆 👌

I had to chop up my brand new RS3 brake ducts to a level that made me sad (to get them to clear my bulky monoblock PP brake calipers at full lock)

Thank you for sharing this, though. Good info is always appreciated in the car community. 🍺

tigeo

Autocross Champion

I had to chop up my brand new RS3 brake ducts to a level that made me sad (to get them to clear my bulky monoblock PP brake calipers at full lock)

Thank you for sharing this, though. Good info is always appreciated in the car community. 🍺
Ahhhh shiiiit

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Wooo! Ordering

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Ordering.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Yeah with my stick 288s then 312s had to really modify them. BBK? Hold my beer....no clearance issues with then unmodified.

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
Yeah with my stick 288s then 312s had to really modify them. BBK? Hold my beer....no clearance issues with then unmodified.
Post some pics of that APR BBK right meow, Adam... 🍺 👌 ❤️

(seriously - give some of us a lil inspiration)

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Post some pics of that APR BBK right meow, Adam... 🍺 👌 ❤️

(seriously - give some of us a lil inspiration)
Keep in mind, my car is a Golf...not a GTI or R so we get the very economy-focused brakes...288mm. Alltracks got 312s so like a non-PP GTI. I have more power than a stock R and if VW thought 340s were the appropriate size on those cars....stockers here are not adequate. Rather than find some used 340s that weigh a metric fuck ton, I figured hell with it, I'm going all-in and getting a BBK b/c I'm spending money either way. If I had a PP GTI or R, I wouldn't have bothered with a BBK. Probably the best money I spent on my car. So here 17x9 et42 Apex VS-5RS wheels and APR 350mm BBK (2-piece 350x34mm rotors). They are superb. These are made by Power Brake over in South Africa. Only downside is no pad switch from the back...have to remove the calipers. It uses a common size pad so no issue finding pads for these.

Finally....keep in mind @GoatAutomotive this is an old-school forum....let's keep it to our forum names...not our real ones please....we'll save that for Facebook!

Apex VS-5RS.jpg

Capture3.JPG

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I must be a huge idiot because I couldn't get mine to fit right 😤

You sure no modification? https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ake-air-guides-from-the-audi-rs3-2017.353411/

The Clubsport (CS/CCS), TCR, Mk7.5 R, & various other late top model (2017yr->) Mk7.5 Golf's all appear to be fitted with this newer "Audi" arm from the RS3. The main reason being it has an almost solid (stiffer) rear bush with no voids, therefore NO trimming is required of the Audi RS3 air duct to fit it to the wishbone. However.....
I had no idea, never had this issue. The new arm is the same as my old one so if you had to modify it before, probably still need to then.