GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Subaru BRZ

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
I would say the fault of the car is all the things mentioned in the first few paragraphs. It's a bit too small, it's too under powered, and it doesn't stack up well to the competition in terms of numbers.

Just noticed you have a miata listed when I read this.

Seriously didn't notice that yet, I laughed a lot. You can no longer complain about small, interior or lack of power. Those topics are off the table.

Re: dealers I test drove the brz. Salesman didn't care about making the sale when I wanted to haggle since the car was going to sell anyway. Test drove one to get gf behind the wheel. Salesman was talking about it like it was Jesus.

When I bought the frs, grabbed a salesman walking by. Pointed out the car and went back to his desk to talk numbers. Didn't even sit in it till papers were signed, was prepped and brought out to take home. Easiest sale he had all year minus all the trips from the managers office back and forth till I got the price I wanted, "pure pricing" meant they'd only take off $500 from the price. I held out till I got a private sale equivalent on the trade I had to ditch and couldn't sell privately in mass cause of fucked up laws that make "as is" mean nothing. The car also had the upgraded radio in the dash but not listed on the sticker, straight base model, and a few k less than as far as I was able to negotiate the brz limited (invoice range but less in trade).

According to him since the frs, tcs were barely selling. Atleast to the crowd with a penis. Perhaps your next topic to nitpick can be its parasitic effect on the sales of other models sir?

Last edited:

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla

Lucidity

Marx
Just noticed you have a miata listed when I read this.

Seriously didn't notice that yet, I laughed a lot. You can no longer complain about small, interior or lack of power. Those topics are off the table.

Re: dealers I test drove the brz. Salesman didn't care about making the sale when I wanted to haggle since the car was going to sell anyway. Test drove one to get gf behind the wheel. Salesman was talking about it like it was Jesus.

When I bought the frs, grabbed a salesman walking by. Pointed out the car and went back to his desk to talk numbers. Didn't even sit in it till papers were signed, was prepped and brought out to take home. Easiest sale he had all year minus all the trips from the managers office back and forth till I got the price I wanted, "pure pricing" meant they'd only take off $500 from the price. I held out till I got a private sale equivalent on the trade I had to ditch and couldn't sell privately in mass cause of fucked up laws that make "as is" mean nothing. The car also had the upgraded radio in the dash but not listed on the sticker, straight base model, and a few k less than as far as I was able to negotiate the brz limited (invoice range but less in trade).

According to him since the frs, tcs were barely selling. Atleast to the crowd with a penis. Perhaps your next topic to nitpick can be its parasitic effect on the sales of other models sir?

i already linked basically those numbers just from a different source and without an article

they didn't suit his point

sorry, not valid,

Actually I can complain all I fucking want, cause I bought my NB for 6k, with coils, wheels, sways, and a rollbar.

Who's opinion do you think matters more on how sales are going, some blogger or someone who actually makes decisions at Toyota? I personally love the unsubstantiated that the car was only meant to be a niche car when you, nor the author have access to what the planned numbers were. Somehow, an executive publicly announcing the sales aren't what they wanted isn't evidence enough.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Actually I can complain all I fucking want, cause I bought my NB for 6k, with coils, wheels, sways, and a rollbar.

Who's opinion do you think matters more on how sales are going, some blogger or someone who actually makes decisions at Toyota? I personally love the unsubstantiated that the car was only meant to be a niche car when you, nor the author have access to what the planned numbers were. Somehow, an executive publicly announcing the sales aren't what they wanted isn't evidence enough.

Are you saying a small 2 door rwd with no power isn't niche?

Lucidity

Marx
In 10-15 years you'll be able to by a 1st gen FR-S for $6k. What's your point?

You're making the large assumption a 2nd generation will happen...

I didn't bring my car into the mix. My only point is that at 6k, I can afford a 2nd vehicle for when I'm not simply driving to and from work. Something that maybe the designers of your car should have considered, given the goals their bosses set for the vehicle.

Are you saying a small 2 door rwd with no power isn't niche?

I'm saying the car was never intended to be such. Niche cars don't get national advertising campaigns during prime time. They don't give every avenue of publication from youtube channels, blogs, and magazines test cars to review to drum up hype for a product that you don't intend to sell a lot of. The fact that the car sucks for most people due to the lack of utility and power is not a flaw of the segment in itself, but of your car in particular. You should work with Frank Lutz, next time the Republicans lose an election, you can just say the party is niche now...

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
The fact that the car sucks for most people due to the lack of utility and power is not a flaw of the segment in itself, but of your car in particular.

You own a miata, do you understand how much of a hypocrite you sound like?

They're basically the same car in terms of what sets them apart from the market as a whole, and both perfect for us friendless wonders.

You really should be pulling for it.

I didn't bring my car into the mix. My only point is that at 6k, I can afford a 2nd vehicle for when I'm not simply driving to and from work. Something that maybe the designers of your car should have considered, given the goals their bosses set for the vehicle.

2014 MX-5 Miata Sport Club Grand Touring
MSRP starting at $23,720* $26,905* $27,550*

Looks like they're even priced nearly the same when comparing new.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
2014 MX-5 MiataSportClubGrand Touring
MSRP starting at$23,720*$26,905*$27,550*

I totally pointed that out to him like 70 million posts ago. Miata and FR-S are literally the same price point. Even with 2014 bringing more expensive versions you can still option a Miata to a higher MSRP than any FR-S/BRZ.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
I totally pointed that out to him like 70 million posts ago. Miata and FR-S are literally the same price point. Even with 2014 bringing more expensive versions you can still option a Miata to a higher MSRP than any FR-S/BRZ.

Its ok miata has more power, a bigger trunk and a larger back seat.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
It gets you even more penis than an FRS/brz as well

Lucidity

Marx
You own a miata, do you understand how much of a hypocrite you sound like?

They're basically the same car in terms of what sets them apart from the market as a whole, and both perfect for us friendless wonders.

You really should be pulling for it.

2014 MX-5 Miata Sport Club Grand Touring
MSRP starting at $23,720* $26,905* $27,550*

Its ok miata has more power, a bigger trunk and a larger back seat.

Keep on moving the goal posts. Now it's about the car I own, as opposed to the one the thread is about. It's not about executives from Toyota saying the sales are lower than expected, and that future versions are the car are now likely to not come to market due to it not reaching planned sales potential. Nope it's a niche car because you live in a dream world where corporations are philanthropic and wanted to take a loss making a car that can't compete within its own segment due to bad foresight from all whom worked on the car. The FR-S isn't a roadster, you know what's a lot like a NB? A fucking Z3 from 2002, that's what's a lot like a Miata NB. You want to compare apples and oranges, you want to shift the argument, or maybe you're just that dense.

I would never buy a Miata or an FR-S new. The only reason I ended up with a Miata was due to being in a pinch after my K04d 2011 A3 Quattro sold a lot quicker for asking price than expected. I wanted something that was fun and economical, but most importantly reliable, knowing I wouldn't be keeping it much longer than a year.

Lastly, and I mean lastly cause I'm not wasting any more of my time with this shit; The NC was put out when? 2005. It was underpowered then, so yeah of course it's slow by today's standards, but still as fast, if not more so than the FR-S in the basics (1/4 & 0-60). So congrats, your car is almost as good as one developed 8 years ago. Being a roadster, the miata can't have a usable rear seat, being a roadster it's not going to be practical, being a roadster, it's not going to have a lot of cargo room. You keep saying the FR-S is niche, but you know deep down that was never the intent, it's a term you introduce for a car that isn't the success that was planned, but isn't a complete failure sales wise. It's certainly too successful to be niche, but not successful enough to justify things like R&D, marketing, and future variants.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Keep on moving the goal posts. Now it's about the car I own, as opposed to the one the thread is about. It's not about executives from Toyota saying the sales are lower than expected, and that future versions are the car are now likely to not come to market due to it not reaching planned sales potential. Nope it's a niche car because you live in a dream world where corporations are philanthropic and wanted to take a loss making a car that can't compete within its own segment due to bad foresight from all whom worked on the car. The FR-S isn't a roadster, you know what's a lot like a NB? A fucking Z3 from 2002, that's what's a lot like a Miata NB. You want to compare apples and oranges, you want to shift the argument, or maybe you're just that dense.

I would never buy a Miata or an FR-S new. The only reason I ended up with a Miata was due to being in a pinch after my K04d 2011 A3 Quattro sold a lot quicker for asking price than expected. I wanted something that was fun and economical, but most importantly reliable, knowing I wouldn't be keeping it much longer than a year.

Lastly, and I mean lastly cause I'm not wasting any more of my time with this shit; The NC was put out when? 2005. It was underpowered then, so yeah of course it's slow by today's standards, but still as fast, if not more so than the FR-S in the basics (1/4 & 0-60). So congrats, your car is almost as good as one developed 8 years ago. Being a roadster, the miata can't have a usable rear seat, being a roadster it's not going to be practical, being a roadster, it's not going to have a lot of cargo room. You keep saying the FR-S is niche, but you know deep down that was never the intent, it's a term you introduce for a car that isn't the success that was planned, but isn't a complete failure sales wise. It's certainly too successful to be niche, but not successful enough to justify things like R&D, marketing, and future variants.

Why are you still posting?

This isn't a party you can just wander into with vanilla svedka.