GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2009 GTI with No Right Turn Signals No Right HID (Xenon) No Right Fog Light

BDubsVDub

IMO
Car(s)
09 GTI MkV
Here's a fun one.

With headlights off, DRL active, No passenger-side HID (Xenon) high and low beam, no front right turn signal, and no rear right turn signal. With headlights and fog lights on, No passenger-side HID (Xenon) high and low beam, no passenger-side fog light, no front right turn signal, and NO REAR TURN SIGNALS AT ALL. Mirror turn signals are fully functional.

The car is information computer is saying that the "Main Beam," "Dip Beam," and "Fog Light" is out.

I took a look at my fuses but my fuse box does not match the one in the manual. The manual says, fuses F47 and F48 should control the aforementioned lights. But I have no fuse F47 and F48.

Hoping for some help to avoid a dealer visit. This is frustrating since the car only has 33K miles on it. Thanks for the help!!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Did they go out at the same time or what happened? Sounds like a bad ground or common wire on that side.

BDubsVDub

IMO
Car(s)
09 GTI MkV
Did they go out at the same time or what happened? Sounds like a bad ground or common wire on that side.

Yes, they did go out at the same time. I'm going to check the connections on all the lights to see if one is causing a short.

Does anyone have a fuse diagram for a 2009 GTI? The one in my owner's manual doesn't match my fuse box under the hood. It says that fuse F47 and F48 should control the lights in question and I don't have those in my fuse box.

BDubsVDub

IMO
Car(s)
09 GTI MkV
FOUND THE PROBLEM IN THIS THREAD! In the fuse box under the hood, the fuse closest to the windshield was REALLY blown. It actually melted some of the plastic around the fuse holder. Not sure why the fuse blew but I will update if I find another issue. Thanks for all your help!