GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007 Drivers Door Security L.E.D. Question

troobie

Car(s)
07 GTI
My LED stays constant red about once every 3 weeks. Only happens when I UNLOCK/DISARM the doors with the remote. It then stays red once I get in the car and start driving it, stays red when I shut the car off, stays red while I open the door and get out, stays red when I shut the door, starts flashing like normal when I lock/arm the doors. It has never happened when I've armed the system.

daveygunn1

Passed Driver's Ed
My LED stays constant red about once every 3 weeks. Only happens when I UNLOCK/DISARM the doors with the remote. It then stays red once I get in the car and start driving it, stays red when I shut the car off, stays red while I open the door and get out, stays red when I shut the door, starts flashing like normal when I lock/arm the doors. It has never happened when I've armed the system.

Very strange indeed...:confused:

TAK07GTI

tak07gti
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Solid red light . . . . . . .

I took my 07 GTI to the dealer due to a solid red light. When I would unlock the car from the key fob the light would be on solid. It stayed from this time, throughout my ride, after I shut the car off, and until I locked it again. After having my car for three days, my dealer told me it was something to do with the hatch lock. They apparently replaced it, but not one week later it happened again. It goes back to the dealer this friday. Anyone else hear anything. This is the third trip in for electrical issues in two months of ownership and less than 3000 miles. I love my car but this is getting old.

Todd

BetaOp9

Banned
Ya, the only reason I am hesitant to take it in to the dealer is because then I have to bolt the factory exhaust back on. I guess I am just too lazy for that.

Glad you didn't think I was being a dick when I posted before...I am just really puzzled. I honestly don't think there is something wrong/faulty---I just think it does this for a specific reason. I just don't yet know what that reason it.

Oh well, some day we will all find out.

See ya,
DG1

What the hell does the exhaust have to do with anything. VW won't void your warranty if you have exhaust. I've been to three different VW dealers for normal maintenance and not a word said. They can't void your warranty on any part covered unless they can prove it is caused by the modification. Something being wrong with your alarm system has nothing to do with the exhaust, and they would still have to fix it.

BetaOp9

Banned
I took my 07 GTI to the dealer due to a solid red light. When I would unlock the car from the key fob the light would be on solid. It stayed from this time, throughout my ride, after I shut the car off, and until I locked it again. After having my car for three days, my dealer told me it was something to do with the hatch lock. They apparently replaced it, but not one week later it happened again. It goes back to the dealer this friday. Anyone else hear anything. This is the third trip in for electrical issues in two months of ownership and less than 3000 miles. I love my car but this is getting old.

Todd

Wonder if the lemon law covers something as minor as this? One more trip to go....

TAK07GTI

tak07gti
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
As far as the lemon laws go, your right, one more trip. I love this car but have had it with the trips to the dealer, so next phone will be from my lawyer. I will let you know what they say this time though about the light.

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I used the search function with no results.

I noticed that on certain occasions that when I come out to my GTI in the morning to go to work; the door LED will be blinking abnormally or lit up constant (on different days.)

I am wondering if there is any significance to this. Does this mean that maybe someone for example set off the alarm or tried to open the door but it was locked? I am puzzled because this has only happened a few times over the 8,000 miles that I have owned the MKV.

Thanks in advance for any help.

DG1

check this out!

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27

scroll down to Locked! english translation of the german document!

:thumbup:

gti07

New GTI Driver
Same thing has happened to me on a few occasions. I've taken it to the dealer and they've admitted that it is very strange, but have no explanation for it. When it happens to me now, I just unlock and relock the car. The red light goes off then.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
ive had it where ill be in the car driving and the led is on constant. no idea why though. im curious to see the result and reason

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Sorry to bring this thread up from the dead, but we're assuming this is 2007 Golf's/Rabbits/GTI's only right? Because the 2006 has a light on each front door. Mine hasn't done this yet as far as I know, but my friend has an 07 GTI and his has also done this. I noticed it and neither of us had no idea what it meant. You would have thought that VW would not have additional problems after having the 2006's out (assuming this is 07's only).

keisuke_z

No way as way...
I have had this problem too... I've hit the unlock button on the remote, and the light turns solid red... and I've driven for 30 minutes with it still solid. It only stopped after I hit the lock button on the remote, and then unlock again. Gonna get it checked by the dealer soon...

MachGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Same issue.

I posted the issue on www.myfastgti.com (http://myfastgti.com/vwgti/index.php/topic,1504.0.html) 1st and then came here to search. looks like no one has found a solution. Mine occurs after I've unlocked the vehicle and am driving. LED constantly on. When I lock the car, it flashes normally. Happened to me for the first time today.:iono:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Seems like it's only an issue with the 2007's by looking at what year everyonee had. Leave it for VW to change the design of something that worked perfectly before. My theory as to why the changed the design, not the problem itself: cost cutting that's going to end up costing them more because they'll have to warranty everything. Duh VW.:clap: