GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 BGQ/BGP 2.5L Motor – 102,262 miles

dr0pthehamm3r

Serial Pavement Rapist
Car(s)
"Classified" The '06
I recently did a motor swap to a 2011 CBUA 2.5L motor, thus leaving me with my original motor as a ‘spare’. I have no use for it so I figure I can sell it to someone in need.

Some of the highlights are as follows:

• 102,262 miles
  • Perfect running condition prior to removal
  • Removed Sunday, July 21, 2013
  • Serviced by dealership every service 10,000 mile interval (from previous vehicle owner)
  • Upon vehicle purchase, serviced every 5,000 mile using Lubromoly 5w-40 (for last 40,000 miles of ownership).
  • Only used 76 or Chevron 91 octane fuel
  • Coil-packs serviced/changed at 60,365 miles (under factory TSB)
  • Currently drained of fluids (oil and coolant)

Some potential setbacks:

• Does not include any part of factory Intake Manifold, wiring harness, oil dipstick, starter, AC/alternator/tensioners, injectors or anything not currently depicted in disclosed pictures
  • Oil filter housing (or gasket) may need to be replaced. Seeped oil from the top of housing upon removal as the gasket may have been disrupted (no prior issues during ownership/operation)
  • Upon removal, an engine mount bolt (passenger side) snapped off in block mount point

Will include water pump and thermostat both with 21,195 miles on them. Currently has stock clutch installed (can remove is desired) changed at 35,527 miles / August 23 2006. Video of last vehicle/engine operation can be found at the bottom of add.

I do have an engine hoist and can use it to help load engine into the bed of a truck (ideal). Also can throw in a tire and modified cushion to ensure safe transport.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

SOLD

Last edited: